No Pip-boy

cerebov

wait, so the left arm armor i see on every other character in the game isnt really there?

that's actually a really good point, hadn't thought of it like that. sorry for that statement.

but still, i don't think losing the pip boy is do-able as its the menu as well, supported by raising arm movements on activation etc.

and its also your light, you'd be losing alot of realism with losing it at the end of the day.

Have you tried decorating it ?

i never really use a light and i dont think it would be to hard figure a work-around for the menu. it just clashes with my walking death tank image when my left arm looks like a well-placed or lucky shot could easily cripple it. and if i remember correctly the left arm of the BoS armor looks like it could house a pip-boy monitor.

judging by what ive seen from most of the texture files, i think its safe to assume to the actual pip boy arm is like that set on the character, so with a model change + fill in the missing textures it should be possible in future.

although as ive said before i liek the pip boy, i do agree with you 100% on the missing sections in certain thing, especially power armor.

looks abit silly when you've got this huge mechanical suit on with a tiny little arm popping out, completely unprotected.

maybe re-do's of the power armour to have a built in pip boy? ( like a display on the armour itself? )

just an idea, but maybe you can use the default models for npcs as far as armour is concerned, but maybe a small holoscreen for the pipboy

in the previous fallouts the pipboy was just a handheld device about the size of 2 vcr cases, it would prolly be far too difficult to

create and put the movements in to pull up the menu.

huh

no just need, one must neeeeeed a fallout 2 type device.. you bring it up to your screen with but a finger or two on it.. it would zoom from bottom to top with the bottom first like one who is teetering into a pond would look to a fish.

Grampy bone approves...

huh

no just need, one must neeeeeed a fallout 2 type device.. you bring it up to your screen with but a finger or two on it.. it would zoom from bottom to top with the bottom first like one who is teetering into a pond would look to a fish.

Grampy bone approves...

uhh, what?

This is vault tech support speaking, how may I .. hold on sir you're speaking.. alright calm down.. you say your wasteland translator isn't functioning proper.. yes sir vault tech support IS operating today as we're #1 in our support for our vault tech.. Well! Sir that was rude... alright.. just calm down, we'll send our special VaultTech Repairmen right away!

Alright so after a slight battle with a group of white-coat dressed robots with lasers.. I was able to fix my translator..

Only thing you would need to make the fallout 2 pipboy work is to replace the v_wep of the pipboy wrist thing that comes up to you with something that looks like a large pda.. unless fallout3 does v_weps the same as world models in which case you'd simply need to replace the pipboy with a pipboy hidden inside the model or deformed or something.. and change the animation so the pipboy will pop out and display infront of the player.

Archived