Weird movement limp

1mikey1

My character seems to develop a weird animation when walking after playing the game for a while, like slight limping or something, has anybody noticed something similar? it's best visible when slowly walking diagonally. It also happens with certain weapons unholstered. Here's a video: https://streamable.com/xstfdt I'm playing the GOG version with NVSE + NVTF + NVAC + OneTweak.

Edited by 1mikey1

Have you installed any animation replacements?

Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as the version of Windows, if you are using a "Steam" or "GOG" and/or "regional language version" of the game (even if you are playing it in English); using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.) Screenshots of the "load order" don't usually work so well because they tend to cut off or fail to display needed information and are hard to "piece together" into a complete and coherent picture.

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags". "LOOT" already includes those tags in the "load order" it copies to your clipboard, so you can just paste it's list into your post.

-Dubious-

Have you installed any animation replacements?

Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as the version of Windows, if you are using a "Steam" or "GOG" and/or "regional language version" of the game (even if you are playing it in English); using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.) Screenshots of the "load order" don't usually work so well because they tend to cut off or fail to display needed information and are hard to "piece together" into a complete and coherent picture.

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags". "LOOT" already includes those tags in the "load order" it copies to your clipboard, so you can just paste it's list into your post.

-Dubious-

My load order is the default GOG one because none of the aforementioned mods I use show up in it. I haven't omitted any mods. My specs are Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX 2060 Super, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 RAM, 1TB NVME SSD. Everything is up-to-date including BIOS, chipset, audio, and ethernet drivers. None of this is relevant however because I remember this happening on a weaker system I had a few years ago when I used NVSR instead of NVTF.

Edited by 1mikey1

None of this is relevant however because I remember this happening on a weaker system I had a few years ago when I used NVSR instead of NVTF.

The #1 reason why posts don't get answered ... thought this was a good example :teehee:

Backup your saved game.

Go Into Console

Then click on your character - your name and ID should show.

You might need to do GBO - to get the other ID.

Then in Console - Prid < your character id > < - Return / Enter

resurrect.

I had this one a long long while ago and it fixed it. You might have to tweak your character. I do * NOT * state this will work. Only that it worked for me a long while ago.

Backup your saved game.

Go Into Console

resurrect.

I had this one a long long while ago and it fixed it. You might have to tweak your character. I do * NOT * state this will work. Only that it worked for me a long while ago.

Is that a permanent fix or temporary?

Edit: it didn't do anything whatsoever.

Edited by 1mikey1

Did your character die from a fall at some point? If so, even if healed later on but while "encumbered", that might have turned it into a permanent limp condition only evidenced under certain circumstances. At least that seems to be the sense from several posts about the console version of the game. The usual solution was to simply reload the game, but with some "sprinting" mods it could become baked into the save game. In which case the solution was to revert to a save prior to the fall.

Afraid I didn't find anything else.

-Dubious-

Backup your saved game.

Go Into Console

resurrect.

Is that a permanent fix or temporary?

Edit: it didn't do anything whatsoever.

Then either:

1. You have a corrupted save file. Which might only be fixed by starting over.

... or go back to a prior save, if you have one before it started??

2. There is a mod that is having a cause / effect.

But likely you will have to start over.

One way of fixing player oddies in FO3 was to blow yourself up and let the game reload, it might work with NV, throw grenades at a wall so they bounce back at you or fire a Fat Man at your feet.