TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Hi,

I'm posting again because I can't find a solution on my own.

Burning ashes are falling from the top of my character's head, very much like the effect on a Burnt Spriggan.

2 screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/lVRfF

I have nothing under active effects that could help.

What should I do?

Did you try the fix for "burnt spriggan" in post #8 (see the first page of this thread)? You'll need to download and install the fixed script "_bugfix_DLC2BurtSpigganFXScript.rar" attached to the bottom of the post.

Hi, I originally got the blue draugr eyes but when I fixed it, it got replaced by the red eyes ><

Also kind of a stupid question: What utility can I use to know what the load order number of a certain mod is? lol sry

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt

Add 1 to the order you see in that list.

@crazyfreak: if you are using any esm files besides the official DLC's, then Dragonborn might not necessarily be 04 in your load order.

That's probably it, I've yet to test it. Any idea what the frost effect is though?

Edit: Checked and the load order WAS 04, so I have no clue the issue still.

Edited by CrazyFreak

Hi,

I'm posting again because I can't find a solution on my own.

Burning ashes are falling from the top of my character's head, very much like the effect on a Burnt Spriggan.

2 screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/lVRfF

I have nothing under active effects that could help.

What should I do?

Did you try the fix for "burnt spriggan" in post #8 (see the first page of this thread)? You'll need to download and install the fixed script "_bugfix_DLC2BurtSpigganFXScript.rar" attached to the bottom of the post.

I don't know how I missed that, seriously (I used search with quoted "burnt spriggan"... well).

Anyway, thanks a lot to you and to daleowen5666. I've played for hours with this bug. I will miss it ^^

And thanks again for keeping your eyes on this thread. I'm sure it's not the most fun to do, but you help out a lot of people.

Sorry for not perfect english (burning embers, not burning ashes, noted), et encore merci :)

Thank you! I had the ash gaurdian effect and it was driving me nuts. However...I have candlelight stuck on my character and I removed it using console, but everytime I close the game and relaunch, it's back, even if I saved! Has anyone got any ideas about that? :|

@fleeep00: I don't recognize that effect, sorry. Maybe it is from a mod, not from vanilla Skyrim or a DLC.

Edited by steve40

I happen to get this odd spell effect, nothing comes up in character stats, its not any of the ash critters, papyrus log says

[Active effect 11 on (00000014)].FXAtronachStormSCRIPT.OnEffectStart() - "FXAtronachStormSCRIPT.psc" Line 19
[05/24/2013 - 08:04:17AM] Error: Cannot equip a None item
stack:

I tried spellremove it wont do anything and this isn't even the same spell animation

any idea?