TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Hey, thanks for the ridiculous amount of dedication you have to this!

I had the Spriggan Swarm Effect issue (9AA38). That code removed the swarm around my body, but I still have a swarm effect around my feet. No code listed (not even "unusual" codes such as witchlight or wisp codes) has worked to remove this effect. It's the same issue Demhilord seems to have.

Did you try:

AbSpriggan: 9AA38

AbSprigganSwarm: 9AA46

I did. I even went so far as to track down the "Spriggan's Resilience" perk in the creation kit and try to add/remove that, with no luck. Same with the "Spriggan Shield" item, and all the spells I could find. Nothing is showing up in my active magic effects, either. Seems to be a mystery.

EDIT: I gave up and used Director's Tools (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10431//?) to get rid of it. The "Reset All Visual Effects" option within that mod worked, so the effect must actually exist (as opposed to being a weird visual artifact), but I couldn't narrow it down to an actual effect in the mod's list. Really strange, but it's gone now, lol.

Thanks a bunch for posting that you used Director's Tools. Worked like a pro. I had no idea a mod like this existed. I had the exact same unknown spriggan effect spinning around the feet of my character for a while now. Thanks again!

Help please, attached spell effect. Do not know this spell id

I get this after eating all the ingredients from the inventory.

LOL. Probably not a bug, I expect it will wear off after a while.

Argh - someone please help, it's been months with no solution to this, I'm glowing bright green like a supernova with green bubble floating out of me

It looks like a healing spell or potion, but I've tried all the ones I could think of - does anyone have any idea what this might be??

I caught it while playing a mod (sanctum of the fallen), but I uninstalled the mod and it's still there

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/johnnyhaggis/ScreenShot13_zpsca47f7aa.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/johnnyhaggis/ScreenShot14_zpsafa73822.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/johnnyhaggis/ScreenShot16_zps7f66c7b5.jpg

Anyone know what effect this is?

It looks kinda like the Daedra FX, but I'm I'm sure.

HMDaedraFX: xx023f82 (xx = Dragonborn's load order, usually 04)

Awesome, thank you, however... today when I started skyrim and loaded my savegame.... the smoke was gone. Didn't change anything at all, it was just gone. Weird.

Didn't work for me!!! Did it disappear right after you typed it? because i exited the game and loaded my save (which i saved after removing it) and the smoke is still there!

Anyone know what the hell this is?

Some sort of falling dirt at the bottom of my feet?

It appears after I play as Dragon Priest and I got damaged by enemies - My Cape is damaged the model of the priest gets damaged and then the dust effect starts to fall.

Using Master Shape Shfter Mod.

Anyone answer what this is ?

STEVE40 land a help please!

Edited by Anattar

It appears after I play as Dragon Priest (...) Using Master Shape Shfter Mod.

^^ when you do stuff that Bethesda didn't intend, don't be surprised if things get broken. Many of the issues in the forums are due to players doing stuff Bethesda didn't intend for people to be doing, and they didn't thoroughly research the consequences of doing so. It's analogous to putting water in your car's gas tank and then wondering why your car won't start. You've basically answered the question to your own problem.

EDIT: after seeing the personal attack that you posted in another thread I don't feel inclined to help you. I've reported you and added you to my ignore list instead. Have a nice day. :down: >:( :ohdear:

Edited by steve40

Argh - someone please help, it's been months with no solution to this, I'm glowing bright green like a supernova with green bubble floating out of me

I don't think this is a vanilla\DLC effect. Probably some mod. I can't help you with this there are too many mods out there. Try using the Director Tools to kill all spells/effects on your char like some ppl have suggested in this thread.

Edited by steve40