TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

It appears after I play as Dragon Priest (...) Using Master Shape Shfter Mod.

^^ when you do stuff that Bethesda didn't intend, don't be surprised if things get broken. Many of the issues in the forums are due to players doing stuff Bethesda didn't intend for people to be doing, and they didn't thoroughly research the consequences of doing so. It's analogous to putting water in your car's gas tank and then wondering why your car won't start. You've basically answered the question to your own problem.

EDIT: after seeing the personal attack that you posted in another thread I don't feel inclined to help you. I've reported you and added you to my ignore list instead. Have a nice day. :down: >:( :ohdear:

Where did I attacked you? I said you don't help. Isn't this a true?

Yes because I sent you a message you IGNORED it and didn't respond. That is why i said you do not help.Anyway thanks for the "HELP " not to you only but to all .

And do not force moderators to remove my post just because you do not agree when I speak the truth.

I don't like people who ignore when they can help. You did that to me. Don't even think I was counting on you. You have shown that you do not want to help. That is enough.

You also have a nice day :smile:

Edited by Anattar

I came across this effect.

http://i.imgur.com/VoNKPWP.jpg

I've looked at the first few pages and tried adding/removing the spells that might've caused this, but no luck. My mod list is quite big but I haven't installed any mods recently (past 5 days or so). This only happened just today.
No spells that I use, being a Mage, have this effect. I'm at a loss of options. Is anyone able and willing to help me solve this bug?

I've looked at the first few pages and tried adding/removing the spells that might've caused this, but no luck. My mod list is quite big but I haven't installed any mods recently (past 5 days or so). This only happened just today.

No spells that I use, being a Mage, have this effect. I'm at a loss of options. Is anyone able and willing to help me solve this bug?

That's the same problem as eden2508 and steyn82. It's cropped up only recently and it doesn't seem to be a vanilla or DLC effect. If you three could compare what mods you are using and report which mods you have in common that should help narrow down the culprit. Tx.

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the drugged/screen blur effect from sleeping tree sap?

That's an image modifier (IMOD), it can't be removed the same way as the magic effects. It should wear off after a few seconds or so iirc. Maybe you could try drinking more sap, or use some other potion/power/etc that has its own IMOD. iirc the generic IMOD script will delete any IMOD already on the player before applying a new one.

Edited by steve40

That's the same problem as eden2508 and steyn82. It's cropped up only recently and it doesn't seem to be a vanilla or DLC effect. If you three could compare what mods you are using and report which mods you have in common that should help narrow down the culprit. Tx.

-EDIT-

I found a way to fix it. I believe this might actually work for all of the bugs mentioned on page 1 and 2! Open your console and type in "sexchange". Then type it in again to change your character back to normal. Poof, effect is gone.

Alternatively, type "showracemenu" and change your character's race to something else, then back. Not fully confirmed if this works, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Edited by Ubersama

-EDIT-

I found a way to fix it. I believe this might actually work for all of the bugs mentioned on page 1 and 2! Open your console and type in "sexchange". Then type it in again to change your character back to normal. Poof, effect is gone.

Alternatively, type "showracemenu" and change your character's race to something else, then back. Not fully confirmed if this works, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

A lot of effects reappear after a while when you use that method, which is why this thread was started in the first place. And the most tenaceous bugs require script fixes.