TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

I have also encountered such permanent visual effects.

I have tried the sexchange console command and the werewolf/vampire lord transformation but the glitches would also reappear when going into first person.

Also tried all the console commands.

I've found that the most effective way was to use the Directors' Tools mod.

Simple howto (especially for the ones that are new to mods, skip to 3, otherwise):

1) Download and extract the content of the mod into your "Data" folder in your Skyrim folder (Typically in C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\**PasteHere**) -> if Steam user, otherwise it'd be in Program Files or wherever you installed the game;

2) Check the Directors Tools mod (.esm and .esp) in Nexus Mod Manager or in Data Files in your Skyrim Launcher. Make sure the .esm is loaded before the .esp (id est make sure the .esm is above the .esp);

3) I don't know all the functionalities of the mod but, in game, you need to favorite the item "Directors' Tool (Manual)" under the apparel section. In your favorite menu, assign a number (or however you can assign a shortcut to an item) to the item, then exit the menu and press that number/shortcut.

4) A menu should appear on your right, simply scroll down to "Visual Effects" then "Visual Effects (FX)" then "Clear all visual effects".

That has worked for all the visual glitches I've encountered, and you can also play around and add many other effects if you would so desire.

Good day and sorry for my English. xP

EXCELLENT! THANKS SO MUCH!!

TO everyone who uses this, in order for it to work, you need to favourite the manual, assign a hotkey to it, then save your game and load it again, or else the manual won't work.

This cleared up the bright green glow around me, but I still have green bubbles floating up out of me...

Does anyone have any ideas what these $&^#ing green bubbles are???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/johnnyhaggis/ScreenShot26_zpsa780b90b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/johnnyhaggis/ScreenShot20bubbleonly_zps1dde4cca.jpg

Edited by johnnyhaggis

Steve, I added two screen shots. What effect does it appear to be?

I will download the Directors Tools 2.0 and await any further info from you. Thanks.

Post #264 on the forums numbering system for screen shots.

Plea for help

I have found my character surrounded by annoying magical white glittering. It resembles what it looks like when some enchantment is working. What type of glitch is this and which method of removal is needed?

Post a screenshot, silly.

Edited by Moksha8088

@Moksha8088: never seen that effect before, it's unlikely to be from vanilla/DLCs. Unless you can identify which mod is the culprit, there's nothing I can do to identify the effect ID. Your best option is to try the Director Tools.

Has noone ever seen the green bubble effect that's emanating from my character (post #271 above)?

Director's tools got rid of a green bright glow I had, but the bubbles are still there. They constantly float up from my character, and I have no idea which spell or potion is responsible.

@johnnyhaggis: no idea. Until the culprit mod can be identified, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Try disabling mods until the effect disappears, then you will know which mod the effect is from.

i have some unusual transparent effect ;(

Wow, that's a first. Your char looks like swiss cheese! Try using the Director Tools (see post #265).

Edited by steve40

Still can't find any fix to my issue... I disabled every mod one by one, and it is still there. I downloaded director's tools, but have no idea how to use it. Any suggestions? i haven't played skyrim for like 2 months because of that.