TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Still can't find any fix to my issue... I disabled every mod one by one, and it is still there. I downloaded director's tools, but have no idea how to use it. Any suggestions? i haven't played skyrim for like 2 months because of that.

I suspect that those "holes" are the same EffectShader that is applied to the wings of Alduin (AlduinHolesFXS E7719) to make them look old and tattered, but I have no idea how that effect would end up on the player as it's not a spell magic effect. The add/remove spell trick won't work in this case. The effect is applied to Alduin by a script called FXAlduinScript. You haven't been morphing yourself into Alduin by any chance have you? That's the only way I can think of that might cause that problem.

Edited by steve40

also tried resetting their ai packages and removing certain alteration spells and perks with removespell**** and removeperk***** i looked into other possibilities a,d the only other thing that is the same between characters with effect is their gear.. each wear magicka regen enchant on robes.. but other npcs wear this ingame with no issues...

Edited by VasMere

this glitch appears on npc in game.. the only thing i have found in common is that they have mage armor perk and regeneration perk.. i tried to "removeperk *****" to no avail.. also tried atronach perk removal.. i can not find this as an active fx either.. this forms on acano faralda corlette sam guevenne and others.. plz help

@VasMere: sorry but this thread is about removing magic effects from the player not npcs. Bethesda's scripts tend to make certain assumptions, eg. that certain effects will only be applied to the player or to a specific npc. When someone (user or modder) applies such effects to any other actor the scripts tend to break because they are missing the required code to deal with those actors. In these situations there is no simple way to fix the problem.

the picture is from a playable character.. i was jus meaning this spread to others.. my current character now has this.. and this particular pic was from another person that has this on their character.. i was merely trying to remove the glitch from npcs to test b4 use on my character

this is their link http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449362&pagenumber=27&perpage=40#post404607996

thnx though

Edited by VasMere

I seem to have a faint buzzing sound coming from my character just after fighting a dragon and the best i could find it is some sort of magic stuck to me but i have no visual effect to go on. Anyone have any thoughts on how i might fix this?

Hello,

I'm french and i really love this topic, what a good idea !

I've got a problem since few weeks but the solution is not in what you said.

I have post it on the official skyrim forum but no reply ....

Have you ever seen this magic effect ?

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/296170ScreenShot2.png

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/422066ScreenShot3.png

Since a quest in dawngard i have a big magic aura like snow or magic wind.

I don't remember if it was the quest when you save the phalene priest from vampires or the quest of the master of vampire's hunters.

It's horrible when i play and i really want to play with this character (i've just bought dragonborn DLC).

Thanks a lot for any help !

I have the same spell effect going on with mine, I made a youtube video of it a little bit ago if any one wants to take a look. It may be from dawnguard but I cant for the life of me figure out what spell effect it is. Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw me a bone here.

Heres the link to my bug:

I found no solution on the internet, you are the first person with the same problem than me...

I have the exact same problem as these two. I have a suspicion that the effect is related to the spell "Blizzard",and I'll be beginning my own search for a solution along those regards. If ANYONE has even a POSSIBLE fix for this,let us know IMMEDIATELY! The people I'm quoting have been waiting for quite some time. I even saw the OP make several posts after these,not even acknowledging their existence. Even a "Sorry,no idea" is helpful.

I have the exact same problem as these two. I have a suspicion that the effect is related to the spell "Blizzard",

I don't think it's blizzard, that effect is like a vortex around the player. You could try it I guess. The code is 7E8E4.