TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Hey.

So, I have made a mod that fixes, or to be more precise, removes the simptoms of the Dragon Priest Eye bug - the bug where two little purple dots would appear under the Player's feet, and couldn't be removed by the "player.addspell 2F3B7", and "player.removespell 2F3B7" commands that worked with the purple mist that accompanied them.
Now, when I say that it "removes the simptoms", I mean that although you won't be able to see the eyes anymore, they will still be there in a sense, just invisible. To do this, I have changed the model for dragon priest eyes to an invisible one, so unfortunately, this mod will also remove the eyes of normal dragon priests (which isn't really very noticeable unless you look very closely. So, if you can live with that, then this mod is for you.

Please find the mod enclosed in the Zip File bellow.

*EDIT*: I have removed the file upon request.

Edited by rajti15

@rajti15: if you haven't noticed, there is already a script fix for this bug that properly removes the Dragon Priest Eye effect as well as making the "addspell/removespell" trick work correctly (see post #9 in this thread). Please remove your file, it breaks game content. Edit: and the Dragon Priest spell ID is actually 9bcca. The code you listed is for the Storm Atronach effect, which is totally different and does not have a glowing eye effect.

Edited by steve40

I have noticed it, and tried it out, but it did not work for me. I have removed the file as you requested.

Edit: I know. The Storm Atronach spell was the only one that succesfully removed the mist for me, that's why I listed it. The 9bcca spell and 9bccb effect did nothing for me.

Edit: Well, this isn't embarassing... I have tried it again and it worked for some reason. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but yeah, thanks...

Edited by rajti15

@rajti15: I've just retested the Dragon Priest and Storm Atronach effects. Adding spell 2F3B7 adds a purple electrical cloud around the player with fire between his feet, while spell 9bcca adds the dark purple smoke with two eyes. The eyes look exactly like those in jpgodinho's post above. I'm not sure how you could have both the purple eyes and the storm atronach cloud unless you have either multiple effect bugs or maybe it is a custom effect from a mod.

EDIT: did you apply the fixed "DragonPriestActorScript" script before trying spell ID 9bcca?

Edited by steve40

Edit: Well, this isn't embarassing... I have tried it again and it worked for some reason. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but yeah, thanks...

:whistling:

Edited by steve40

@Steve40 - What happened was, my dragon priest mist was replaced with the storm atronach cloud once I typed the player.addspell 2f3b8. When I player.removespell-ed it, both it, as well as the dragon priest mist were gone, leaving only the two eyes from 9bcca, that wouldn't leave untill recently.

I've got an issue with my char, started last night while in the Soul Cairn. I've removed all armour and weapons to show it's not an apparel based effect.

Sexchange removes the effect until i fast travel or area transition (also changing from 1st to 3rd person, vice versa, brings it back) and then it comes back. I've tried all the standard and mod added addspell/removespell options and cannot seem to get rid of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrpjp6xpgrcao21/ScreenShot9.jpg

Anyone got any ideas what could cause this? I hope someone does or I have the Soul Cairn to do again -.- lol

I believe it's the werewolf animation smoke from Moonlight Tales/Werewolf Mastery combined esp.

Edit: I knew if I typed this I would work it out -.- Changed to werewolf and back and no more smoke... I was too busy trying to work out how to fire the script and not getting to the root of the issue!

Scrub that, going to 1st person brought it back :/

I've got an issue with my char, started last night while in the Soul Cairn. I've removed all armour and weapons to show it's not an apparel based effect.

Open the console and click on the black smoke and try to get the effect ID. See post #365 for more detailed instructions.

I don't know if there's some reason why no one has suggested this but there is a mod called "Directors Tools" which can be used fairly easily to remove visual effects.

Here -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10431//?

It's intended purpose is actually for those wanting to set up screenshots with various cool effects, but it can also do the opposite, it can remove them.

This mod only affects the visual elements, it does not remove the gameplay modifications caused by spells, abilities, or items. So it should be safe to use.

Once installed the mod adds a book and a horn (called Directors Book/Horn) in the armor area of your inventory, and to use them you need to favorite them, and then hotkey them from your favorites.

You only need to use the book to remove stuff. Hit the hotkey you set for the book, and then from the menu that appears select Character Options >> Reset All Visual Effects. There's also a Reset All Effect Shaders option in the same sub menu area that you might want to try if that first one doesn't clear the effect.

The plus side to this is you don't have to type anything in the console, and you don't have know what the id of the effect is that you are trying to get rid of, which is great, if like me the effect actually didn't seem to be removed by the instructions given in this topic (highly likely because I couldn't correctly identify the effect).

The down side is that it's all or nothing, so if you have some other cool visual effects that you want to keep it will get rid of those too, but you should be able to reenable them through repeating whatever process gave you them to start with, like rewearing a piece of equipment, or recasting a spell or ability. Or you can use the mod to manually add the effects that you want.

I hope this helps, if not feel free to point out the fault in my reasoning or understanding.

If it does work for you please consider endorsing the Director Tools mod creator. He / she deserves recognition for their work even if we use it to our benefit in a way that was not directly intended by its creator.

Edited by mrphurious