TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

I don't know if there's some reason why no one has suggested this

It's been discussed a dozen or so times in this thread if you bothered to look :tongue:

Director Tools will remove only about 92 of the vanilla visual effects and about 150 vanilla shader effects (out of more than 1000 or so in Skyrim.esm).

It won't remove any effects added by the DLCs or custom effects added by any mods. It won't remove rogue magic effects or spells that may be lingering on the player and messing up their stats and abilities.

having a magic effect problem when i enter the halls of dovahndor i permanently start to glow bright, but i think that it is a mix of both the warrior glow and the dawn guard ancestor moth glow cause when i tried to do the sovngarde fix, he was just sparkling.

Edited by wilwhitt56

I have a strange problem even more, giving the command player.addspell, it adds magic,

but if I try to remove it with player.removespell I did not remove it.
using the procedure described by you and waiting for more than a minute.
for example I tried with "AbSprigganSwarm" whose code 9AA46.

I have a strange problem even more, giving the command player.addspell, it adds magic,

but if I try to remove it with player.removespell I did not remove it.

using the procedure described by you and waiting for more than a minute.

for example I tried with "AbSprigganSwarm" whose code 9AA46.

It definitely works. Either you did it wrong or one of your mods has changed the spell.

Hi guys, i'm having a problem and I think Its because an active effect. Each time my character is hit by a destruction spell (sparks, fire, or frost), get's stuck and cannot move until the attacker stops casting it, you can also hear the sound of a shattering glass at that moment. I find it really annoying because even a low level enemy can kill me easily (my character is lvl 45)

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Edited by julianos

I have the draugr glowing eyes effect stuck on me. I tried this fix, and it didn't do anything. Every other thread I've looked at suggests only this solution.

EDIT:
The error comes in attempting to add the spell in the first place. It gives me back:
"WornHasKeyword >> 0.00
HasKeyword >> 0.00

WornHasKeyword >> 0.00
WornHasKeyword >> 0.00"

I understand this scripting has something to do with the Creation Kit, but I don't use it so I don't comprehend it.
I've tried unequiping everything, and uninstalling my mods. Still gives me back the same string of 'code'.

Edited by mistyanna

@mistyanna:

Do you use USKP? I've just noticed that USKP has made changes to the Draugr script which prevents the player.addspell/player.removespell trick from working. You may need to disable USPK before trying the fix, then re-enable it after applying the fix.

- download the "_bugfix_DraugrFXScript.rar" file attached to the bottom of this post.
- extract the fixed scripts from "_bugfix_DraugrFXScript.rar" to your Skyrim scripts folder.
- start Skyrim and load your problem savegame.
- In third person, open the console and enter "player.addspell F71D1" [don't type the quotes]
- Close the console
- Open the console again and enter "player.removespell F71D1" [don't type the quotes]
- Close the console.

Let me know if it works. Cheers.

Edited by steve40

but because then I would not remove the magic, the code can not be wrong because it just entered for test.

Are you using USKP? Try deactivating USKP first, then load up the game and try the addspell/removespell fix. Then save the game, quit, and reactivate USKP.