TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

"Again, recommendation is to use the 'Directors Tool' mod to purge all effects and layers from your character.

It, effectively, recursively trawls though all effect permeations and removes them."

I downloaded the mod and I still have it, am I meant to do something WITH the mod or is it automatic?

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Again, recommendation is to use the 'Directors Tool' mod to purge all effects and layers from your character.

It, effectively, recursively trawls though all effect permeations and removes them."

I downloaded the mod and I still have it, am I meant to do something WITH the mod or is it automatic?

Check my steps in post 423.

You need to enable the mod, assign the objects to your Favourites and 'Hot Key' them. Then save the game, re-load and activate the key.

It will then give you a variety of options, including "Remove All Active Effects" etc.

You need to enable the mod, assign the objects to your Favourites and 'Hot Key' them. Then save the game, re-load and activate the key.

It will then give you a variety of options, including "Remove All Active Effects" etc.

Removed all active effects and visuals, I still appear to have the Ice Wraith thing at the bottom of my character. Except there is no annoying ice trail anymore.

Edited by KarmaZeGreat

Removed all active effects and visuals, I still appear to have the Ice Wraith thing at the bottom of my character. Except there is no annoying ice trail anymore.

I guess it's a start :)

There is another 'section' in the Director Tools (unfortunately I am not with my Windows box so can't check the details 100%) but they are both under 'Character Options'.

You might want to try and reset any animations, too...

Edited by sgnls

Like I said in an earlier post, Director Tools will remove only about 92 of the vanilla visual effects and about 150 vanilla shader effects (out of more than 1000 or so in Skyrim.esm). So it does not, in fact, "Remove All Active Effects" as it advertises.

http://imageshack.us/a/img199/9593/tesv2013031906511782.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/4318/tesv2013031906512738.jpg

To remove "Dragonnbsp;PriestEffect" (Purple smoke and glow eyes on feet)
1. Download my edited script.
2. Put "DragonPriestActorScript.pex" into "/Skyrim/Data/Scripts" overwrite the file if you need
3. Launch Skyrim and load your save file.
4. Press "`" Key to open the console.
5. Type "player.addspell 9BCCA" and press the enter / return key.
6. Press "`" key to close the console and press again to open it up.
7. Type "player.removespell 9BCCA" and press the enter / return key.
8. Close the console
9. Done!
About the script, I just add some lines which remove effects when the script end. so It will notaffectto the game. But If you want keep the script as clean, backup the original and revert it again.
-- Scripts what I add --
;DragonPriestActorScript
;enpinion edit
EVENT OnEffectFinish(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
selfRef.unequipitem(DragonPriestArmor01)
DragonPriestEyeGlowFX.Stop(selfRef)
DragonPriestParticlesFX.Stop(selfRef)
ENDEVENT
edit : Images.

Thank you! This removes both the haze and the eyes! I am always getting this effect when leaving apocrypha :(

I've got the ore guardian smoke on my character and adding & removing the abilities through console doesn't remove the smoke :confused:

I also shrinked to a ridiculous size but setscale fixed that.

Edited by roykr

Hello, guys! I have a little problem too. I've already tried everything I could find. Console commands, mods disabling, all the same.

This thing appears only when I'm using magic (charging spells) and goes off when spell is released.

sexchange helps only till restart. I'm in despair :sad:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/174/f8u1.png

Edited by dkaether