Landscape editing?

inggrish

OK, my problem is probabaly quite noobish, but its very annoying and I havnt yet worked out, or had the patience to work out the solution.

When landscape editing on the CS, and trying to change the covering of the ground from grass to cobbles, I find that in some areas it changes very little, no matter how much I move it about. When I then go into the game I find very long grass in those places, and I can't get rid of it! So how do you get rid of the very long grass that dosen't show very clearly in the CS??? Im trying to give a better floor covering.

Cheers for your help in advance

M@

The grass is made by the texture that you put in the CS... same way you remove any texture...cover it up with the default!

Yes, grasses in game are determined by the textures you're using. However, you may want to make it a habit of going over any area you are planning on having a road first with a 100% opacity layer of some dirt and rocks texture, which normally has no grasses, then covering over that with your road. This is because the grass is generated based on what percentage of each texture is used at that spot, if any texture with grass is used at that point, it has a habit of making the grasses show even whtn the texture is below 10% opacity. By doing a pass of dirt and rocks, you get better blending between the road and the grass, since you won't be covering all that area with road, which reduces the chances of this problem happening. If that makes sense.

The grass is made by the texture that you put in the CS... same way you remove any texture...cover it up with the default!

Yes, grasses in game are determined by the textures you're using. However, you may want to make it a habit of going over any area you are planning on having a road first with a 100% opacity layer of some dirt and rocks texture, which normally has no grasses, then covering over that with your road. This is because the grass is generated based on what percentage of each texture is used at that spot, if any texture with grass is used at that point, it has a habit of making the grasses show even whtn the texture is below 10% opacity. By doing a pass of dirt and rocks, you get better blending between the road and the grass, since you won't be covering all that area with road, which reduces the chances of this problem happening. If that makes sense.

Something new that I didn't know, Thank you for posting VagrantO

Which type of ground cover is best to lay down first then? As in exact name?

There is no simple answer to this since it depends on what other ground textures you are using in that area. Ideally, you want to use a dirt texture with the same sort of color scheme as the grasses, and then use a road that matches well with that kind of dirt.

It might make things easier by expanding the misc > landtexture group in the Object Window, and looking around at the various ground texure listings for whatever region you're working on (GC, JM, CH, Ob, CP, NV, Forrest, WW , ect.) and trying to find a listing which has no grasses listed under it. Then see what kind of road texture looks right when placed over that. If you slide over to display "material" in that listing, you can get an even better idea.

Which type of ground cover is best to lay down first then? As in exact name?

There is no simple answer to this since it depends on what other ground textures you are using in that area. Ideally, you want to use a dirt texture with the same sort of color scheme as the grasses, and then use a road that matches well with that kind of dirt.

It might make things easier by expanding the misc > landtexture group in the Object Window, and looking around at the various ground texure listings for whatever region you're working on (GC, JM, CH, Ob, CP, NV, Forrest, WW , ect.) and trying to find a listing which has no grasses listed under it. Then see what kind of road texture looks right when placed over that. If you slide over to display "material" in that listing, you can get an even better idea.

Ah, brilliant. Cheers :)

OK, my problem is probabaly quite noobish, but its very annoying and I havnt yet worked out, or had the patience to work out the solution.

When landscape editing on the CS, and trying to change the covering of the ground from grass to cobbles, I find that in some areas it changes very little, no matter how much I move it about. When I then go into the game I find very long grass in those places, and I can't get rid of it! So how do you get rid of the very long grass that dosen't show very clearly in the CS??? Im trying to give a better floor covering.

Cheers for your help in advance

M@

well you get two types of grass the long grass that destroys our fps on our computer is known as HD grass in the CS the other type is the one that looks as if te grass gets's cut everyday and doesn't change hight that is known as no sun grass just be careful where you place the HD Grass because if you go over it with some other texture it will show through nd i'm guessing thats not what you want

well you get two types of grass the long grass that destroys our fps on our computer is known as HD grass in the CS the other type is the one that looks as if te grass gets's cut everyday and doesn't change hight that is known as no sun grass just be careful where you place the HD Grass because if you go over it with some other texture it will show through nd i'm guessing thats not what you want

any way I can just get rid of HD grass completely?

Archived