Landscape editing?

inggrish

I have the same problem. This is Korsaria, a small pirate city. As you can see from this shot, the terrain looks awful.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/crossbones59/itSotE/Korsaria2.jpg

in my first attempt to place roads within the city only areas 1, 2 and 3 were "painted" at 100% capacity. Now when I try to change it only area 1 changes. I thought that it was because I was working in Korsaria World, which is dependent on/ the child of the Pellucidar world. I tried editing it in the Pellucidar world with the exact same results. Next I Changed the Korsaria world so that it was no longer connected to Pellucidar and tried to edit it again. I got the same results, changing only area 1. I can "Paint" roads anywhere I need them except inside the cities and it also effects the area just outside the city walls. I can make a road go close to but not into a city.

I have the same problem. This is Korsaria, a small pirate city. As you can see from this shot, the terrain looks awful.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/crossbones59/itSotE/Korsaria2.jpg

in my first attempt to place roads within the city only areas 1, 2 and 3 were "painted" at 100% capacity. Now when I try to change it only area 1 changes. I thought that it was because I was working in Korsaria World, which is dependent on/ the child of the Pellucidar world. I tried editing it in the Pellucidar world with the exact same results. Next I Changed the Korsaria world so that it was no longer connected to Pellucidar and tried to edit it again. I got the same results, changing only area 1. I can "Paint" roads anywhere I need them except inside the cities and it also effects the area just outside the city walls. I can make a road go close to but not into a city.

That problem happens when you have too many textures in one part of a cell. Each cell is divided into 4 areas, and each of those areas can only havr 4-5 textures. The problem is that even if only .01% of that area has a texture at 1% opacity, the whole area may reject any additional textures, even if you are trying to paint over that one section. I forget the keypresses, (think shift + i) but you can bring up a listing of what textures are used in that cell, and replace one with another already present to enable you to paint as normal (DO NOT delete an entry, it can make the cell bugged). The other option to this would be to aquire a texture which is already present in that cell, and paint the entire extents of that cell at 100% opacity. A third option would require setting up a temporary region with only ground texture entires, and then generating the region at that cell. If only one ground type is listed, the whole cell should be filled with that texture.

First of all, thanks to Vagrant. I am also starting playing with world building and those tips are most welcome.

At first I had a hard time deciding terrain textures, so I built an island with all the textures available in my CS, so I could go in and see them in game.

I uploaded it here, in case anybody is interested.

Archived