Long War mod discussion

johnnylump

Really great mod guys... While I have changed a lot of values to more fit my playing style, your MELD-"Solution" is actually really bad :sad: You practically put the gene and cyber stuff out of the game, because it's take ages (not only "long" as your mod says :wink: ) to collect a bit...

Since you deactivited tha value how much the containers hold (changes don't take effect), could you please either tell me :

All other units are hard-coded to grant 0.2 meld unless damaged by explosives

Where this value is in the exe, so that I can change it....

or how I have to change this (to make it work and collect a bit more MELD)

HFLOATER_MELD=305; Floater = 0.3, H. Floater = 0.5

I know it's against "your" idea, but I would really appreciate if you help me to play the game a bit more like my taste (rather easy)... :smile:

Edited by Starman001

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS OF LONG WAR EW, THIS IS NO LONGER THE BEST PLACE FOR PLAYERS TO POST ABOUT THE MOD. GO TO THE MOD PAGE USE THE MOD FORUMS TAB TO REACH THE DEVS AND TALK TO OTHER PLAYERS. DEVS WILL USUALLY IGNORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD UNLESS THEY RELATE TO TECHNICAL MATTERS OF MODDING XCOM.

What part of the code does LW modify for its Alien stats up over months?

I know how to adjust it, I was just wondering what it changed.

Also, there were some changes on the XComStrategyGame side in order to make sure the relevant info is available in the tactical game.

Currently we do this by tacking some additional code onto XGFacility_Barracks.HealAndRest (only because it gets invoked every 1 in-game hour so is a good way to make sure the info is up-to-date).

STAT_SetStat(1, Max(Game().GetDays(), Game().GetDays() + (STAT_GetStat(2))));

We currently use the recap stats to pass information back and forth between tactical and strategy games. Stat 1 we use as the "day count", which is modified by the alien research (stored in stat 2) as above.

Stat 1 is then used in XGTacticalGameCore.ModifyStatsByDifficulty to adjust the overall alien stats based on the config data.

I'm having a bug that I didn't find the in the known issues or common problems: my soldiers start missions with the HP bonus they would have from their armor missing. They are then considered wounded at the end of the mission, even if they aren't hit. I carefully followed the installation instructions and have re-installed with the same issue coming up.

Sorry if this has been answered already; I did a search through this topic, but did not comb through all 34 pages of replies.

Firstly thank you for this awesome mod!

I would like to report some bugs:

- Taking acid damage makes you get shredder debuff if you have shredder ammo

- Run & Gun can be used after close encounters if you save in between

- Sometimes Outsiders spawn on the roof of UFO's, which can be very annoying if the UFO has no roof access (Medium ones especially).

- Psi Grenades are called "Flashbang" during the tactical mission.

- Chem grenades are unaffected by grenadier perk, haven't tried it with smoke and mirrors yet.

- Map randomiser seems a little screwed up, I got the map for the Van Dorne council rescue mission twice for abductions and once for the council mission itself. And one of the UFO crash/landing maps repeated 4 times, the one with all the tires on a hill.

I also love the new sidearms that were added. Great idea!

I would love to see some more sidearms, lightsabers that do more damage than the sawed-off shotgun maybe?

The amount of corpses needed for autopsies seems a little too much, by the time I have accumulated enough for Muton Autopsy, I am already running with pulse lasers....

Arc Rifle should be a sidearm and have less range instead. Otherwise it's not very useful.

Although I do like the very easy abduction missions (good for leveling up troops), they are sometimes a bit too easy and kind of a waste of fatigue.

Covert extraction ops are way too easy if your covert operative is a 17 mobility scout + 3 spriner + 2 mob from no items. Put 3 assaults with close combat in the middle of the EXALT packs, jam their weapons for 4 rounds in a row and watch them fall like flies.

Midgame UFO air to air combat is a bit tedious. Especially as soon as destroyer class UFO's start showing up. I don't have the Firestorm yet, but in essence I just try to scare the satellite hunters and let everything else fly by hoping they will land.

Edited by websee