Fallout Remastered?

Aanikron

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat as the previous poster. I've tried to PM Purr4me, but can't. May I ask that I be added to the list of people making the request for a forward to the mod author?

Paxton2

I've got all the Remastered files. Anyone know of an easy and free place to upload them to?

BTW, has anyone had the bug where the Arlington library woman won't take any pre-war books? I was playing with FWE, DC Interiors, AWOP and Remastered and I had about 75 of them. If I talk to her she says, "you have no such thing."

psycros, you have to be sure that the books you are trying to turn in are from the vanilla game only. Scribe Yearling will not accept any books that have been added by a mod.

Didn't know that. I had gotten them from both vanilla locations and ones added by mods, but in my inventory there was only one group of "pre-war books". At one point I briefly had a second group containing a single book, but it soon vanished after some inventory sorting so I figured it was a minor bug. Could FWE or something else be reclassing all of them as the new types, to avoid having two identically named items? I'd think they would have known about the potential for bugging the library quest and avoided this. I'm at a loss here and really want to whip this before starting a new game :mellow:

I don't know what the modders did about the books in their mods, just that Scribe Yearling can tell them apart. I try to keep them separated when I am dealing with her. I usually have my companion, Brisa, read the books from the mods and that removes them from my inventory while they add to her skills.

I don't know what the modders did about the books in their mods, just that Scribe Yearling can tell them apart. I try to keep them separated when I am dealing with her. I usually have my companion, Brisa, read the books from the mods and that removes them from my inventory while they add to her skills.

I think we're either mis-communicating or you don't understand what "pre-war books" are. I'm not talking about skill books but rather the plain, aqua-colored books with no fire damage. Their literally named "Pre-War Book". However, you may have tipped me off to something I didn't know about: can you turn in skill books to yearling as well as regular pre-war books??

Well this sucks, I had this installed when I started playing Fallout 3 when I got this new laptop, but haven't played for several months. Now I installed Fellout, and can't the the compatibility patch for it. What will happen if I don't use the Fellout patch?