Floor in High Hrothgar

PsychoBilly404

Greetings gentle forum folk,

I have a weird thing going on in HH and I'm hoping someone here may have an idea of what is going on. So my problem; I haven't been in HH for a while so i popped back in and noticed that a section of the main hall (the part that leads out to the courtyard) is missing. Further investigation found that this section (HHMainHallBE01 in the Creation Kit) has rotated out of place and is firmly entrenched in the Greybeards' living quarters leaving a hole for player, follower and Greybeard alike to plummet into the void.

Everything looks fine in Creation Kit. I have tried to move it back into place with the console commands but keep getting the error that it can't be moved. The only things that I have loaded that affect the interior are texture improvements. I have run through a good portion of my load order and found nothing that affects the block/sub-block for HH interior structure.

I'm at a loss and haven't been able to find any information on this issue through web searches so turning to you kind folks to pick your brains.

Any information, SWAG's or general stabs-in-the-dark are welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered what sounds like the same thing today. A large section of wall and floor missing where the exit to the courtyard is. The door to the right hand side is still there, enough to go out into the courtyard where all seems fine. Re-entering Hrothgar though results in falling into the void and then respawning or something, by the exit back out to the 7000 steps.

Anyway, it sounds very very similar. Could you share what cuplrit you found please?

you can manually fix this with console commands

disabling the bugged buildings walls and objects

then placing a new building where it's suppose to be

and if you get pocket campsite mod some objects and buildings are in there even easier to place and move

Edited by skannerz22

I know how to disable things in the console but I've no idea how I would go about placing the new building. Sounds like a good fix though, I shall investigate further. Ta : )

This sounds like a mod conflict, meaning that at least one of the mods changes the HH cell. Best way to to find a culprit is open your load order in TES5Edit, look under skyrim.esm and find the HH cell in 'Cells' section. Click on it and on the right side, you will have a list of mods that change that same cell.