[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@triumph

downloads will be here onsite probably... ingame is impossible i think due to microsoft copyright crap... this will just be the base for the merchants which will be modified by each subsequent mod of the individual authors... i just make the surrounding and one of the shops... basicly a mod free to mod

@kalten

i tend to use the vanilla ones (rivet city)... if some people would help i would love to recreate an at least minimally realistic submarine, but not alone... thatd take ages... pipes, barometer, tiefenmeter, bunks and what not... crazy...

i need:

an animated fish, shark, ray, barracuda, mutated stuff, turtle...

a G.E.C.K.O.!!! thats important... the god of the natives...

a speedboat or waterplane preferably 50 or 60ties style

a coktail glass with sun hat

indian bike

some 60ties designer furniture, eames chairs and such

hammocks

a ganja tree

driving or riding script

somone with pathing and ai package knowledge

a quest writer and creator

so thats all i can think off atm :P

Cool idea. I'd be happy to help out with this project. Sounds like fun.

Now, I've released plenty of mods (Fallout 3 and Oblivion) but I think I'm getting out of the clothing & building gig. So how can I help?

Well, I'm pretty much an expert on the radio and dialog system. I'm working on my scripting knowledge now (coming along nicely, actually). Also, I'm a fair hand at improv and voice acting (check out my radio station /ShamelessSelfPromotion).

So I figure I can write dialog, quest lines, et cetera. I wouldn't really need a merchant but if I was graced with one, then he could sell instructional holotapes or something nifty like that. Like a retro-future bookstore.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a PA system to announce products, specials, and various merchant information. The "radio station" would have a tight radius around the merchant grounds so that only people visiting would hear the deals. It can even be blocked from PipBoy3000 reception so that it doesn't show up as an actual radio channel.

Okay, enough of me babbling. Sorry about the holes thing... hope that gets worked out. All your works looks great, by the way. Ciao.

im pissed by the holes... ill just make a "waterworld" type settlement without land lol... bloody screwing bugs

10h yesterday and 3 yet today... and no solution in sight... sucks...

@rekicker

sry cant check out your radio station... im out of weed... :P

anyway if you know well how to make quests and radio stations your help is more than welcome...

one for each vendor sounds good... my shop will prolly be somin like the pot head bunker in "platoon" and needs fitting 60ties music (velvet underground, doors, dylan, woodstock, etc... no grateful dead plz lol)

i dunno bout the royalty and copyright problems tho :/ stuff before 1958 should be free at least...

try audio archive

for old school music :)

best would be to set up a basic radio station, let each vendor choose his songs and then make some moderators...

but for filesize and reason id just go with one station nevertheless... ill check your radio station eventually...

you could get your own dj hanging out in a shabby radio shack... ever seen "water"? like him... :P

so if you could come up with some cool moderations and maybe fetch some tunes on archive.org, combine it all to a station and dunno find a solution to the landscape problem id be grateful :P

as to quest and dialogue... i think we need to get the thing up and running quickly and then care bout these things... nevertheless that skill is utterly needed as i mostly suck at it... only did one quest so far and that was like 3 yrs ago...

as to a pa system...i dunno in how far scripted events can influence a radio station... if its possible and you can even make those scripts to have special offers or someone else then !awesome!... would really add to immersion not to be able to buy stuff all the time...

so i got 3 working mini islands... took me just 12h... and it still not working as it should if that really was supposed a landscape editor... had to make a canyon at each grid cell border or i got holes... thus the islands are just 1 cell big each lol... lol i want to have the beth dev job... seems easy, even i could make a tool that world like a lucas arts adventure plays... "put the gerbil in the freezer and then drop it in the bathtub to start the quantum accelerator" sigh

add to the list of needed stuff:

a speedboat

a dolphin or somin that can jump out of the water and back in...

yup LOD didnt help the slightest bit :(

oh and my wishes dont need to be included right away nor are all needed... they just add to the flair :)

and a new screenshot... still lots of cluttering needed... have to start with the interiors now tho, anyone wanna help? submarine rooms out of rivet parts and simple recreations of some megaton shacks like the two in the picture (commoner and burke)...

Wow, looks great Jaysus! I'd help out but I've been away from buildings since Oblivion and it would take me days (or weeks) to get all that knowledge back. Definitely not my strong point.

I will, however, start work on the PA system idea - and your mention of using scripting to announce special deals definitely sounds cool but I think it's going to take a lot of work. Of course, I'm willing to do it though.

Keep up the good work! It's definitely paying off.