[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jaysus, I read the interview, and it says in there that you need writers. I took a couple classes in school, and I'd like to think I'm a pretty talented writer, so if you give me an idea as to what you'd like, maybe I can help you out. I'm no modder, and I'd love to be able to contribute to your project in anyway possible. If your interested just follow up I guess. Thanks.

By the way, I don't know if it's relevant but I'm fluent in English and Spanish. Unfortunately no German, though that is my ancestry.

the best would prolly be if you checked out the mod ingame and then come up with some ideas regarding a quest... preferably things that make the living on the island easier, like get a new water filter and such stuff but also maybe somin about villain raiders or somin... the more original the better... im sadly kinda busy putting it all together and thus have not much time atm to think about quests

there is a captains logbook on the terrace of the submarine which tells some background story maybe you could take that as a start, improve and extend it

you dont necessarily need to mod that but plz keep in mind how quests are structured in the game and do the same for your ideas...

next release is coming soon... i just wanna finish that smoking thing

I read the log, and I found it pretty funny. Especially the part about Mrs. Kant. K give me a few days to write some stuff down, I think I may be able to come up with something. I was already mulling over one thing though. In the log it mentions sending a guy to the dc area to find supplies. Well in the wastes there's a random encounter with some guy named Edward, Ben, something or other. He says he's too injured to continue and needs some purified water. I was thinking you could adopt the idea, and have the guy who was sent for supplies found in the dc metro area. You can than help him out somehow, and he then gives you access to the caravansery and drives you there in the boat, etc. I find it a little odd that the pc can find a boat, head out into the middle of the ocean, and find himself a submarine without some sort of guide. Get back to me.

sounds good to me... but i guess thatll have to wait till the release of V09 anyway as im nearly done with V08 and getting a quest set up takes a few days...

a random encounter would be annoying tho i guess lets just put him somewhere, id say the boat broke down and needs fixing so youll need to bring him some motorcycle parts and a fusion cell or somin and hell give you the boat to tell the boss everything is allright whilst he stays back to fully heal or marry some chick or somin...

joint rolling implemented! we have King Size Smokers Red (no plagiarism lol) and a bag of weed you can combine to get dem spliffies...

WAIT

Wait

wait

wait

wait

You need writers?!? why the hell didn't you say so??? Thats like... possibly the one modding thing that I'm really good at! I can show you if you want but in a nutshell I write scripts, storylines, logbooks are a favourite of mine, plots, little misc-dialouge. I can even do up dialouge trees in word!

I'm writing a flamin' book for crying out loud!

If Zeperoth is enough though.. well... yeah, nevermind me and my over-enthusiasim...