TROPICAL SKYRIM -- A CLIMATE OVERHAUL MOD [WIP]

Soolie

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mod that puts the dragonborn waves all over skyrim is great. The Crysis armor mod is also funny.

Lanterns of skyrim looks nice too, Spells give off light looks nice, and when combined with with Superb ENB RL it makes for a very cinematic dramatic game experience.

SkyMoMo goes well too, almost makes it feel like a whole nother game.

This mod was just uploaded http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33247

I don't know how good it will be though.

Also, 101's bugs is good, skybirds, fishing in skyrim, and there's a mod that adds more fish. (Dunno, what it's called, just search 'fish')

Ok I finally managed to download it. And WOOT!

You Sir have made THE MOST EPIC mod ever! Hat's off! I can only imagine how much work it must have been and I really wish you get enough fame over it. Maybe some game studio offers you a job or what! Wish you the best, man!

It was just so wonderful and awesome to walk through Tropical Skyrim, and your mod is all over the news in the gaming sites! Well done!

In regards to this topic - does anyone know if it's possible to have a separate install of Skyrim?

I really, really want one Tropical Skyrim and one regular, but I hate having to switch out everything when I feel like playing my mage vampire instead of my cat burglar ...

I tried to see if the install was separate if I was on a different windows "user" but it's the same :( ... Help please!

• 3 weeks later...

I came back to this thread to post a link to a video I made featuring this mod!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-JXrBB6Vw

In regards to this topic - does anyone know if it's possible to have a separate install of Skyrim?

I really, really want one Tropical Skyrim and one regular, but I hate having to switch out everything when I feel like playing my mage vampire instead of my cat burglar ...

I tried to see if the install was separate if I was on a different windows "user" but it's the same :( ... Help please!

Check out this tool! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19034

• 3 months later...

My only regret of downloading this mod is that Riftentrees got turn into bamboo... I hate Riften now... I mean I like city and all but trees made the forest lame... I want my aspens back... Anyway to get them back without turning off entire mod?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to install and play this mod a little, then of corse, all to early I had to go to work. This will be fun getting deeper into. The next step now is to look for modifications that goes well with an tropical enviroment. Anyone into skimpy outfits, here are your excuse, it's to hot!

I noticed tha line of sight have been severly limeted now due to a green haze over everything but mostly due to vegetation. Consequetly playing a sneaky archer are now harder, maybe this is why rainforsest living people are so commmonly into using posienus arrows, just hit them a little and track them down later. The raptors that replace the wolfs remain hidden until they storm out for a suprise attack, now they are dangeroues.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I suggest using an somewhat different outcome of the Oblivion crisis as a reason why Skyrim is now hot, the whole planet tilted to place the Throat of The World on the equator. By now only some elves remember that Skyrim used to be cold but for humans this is just something in the history books. This way there would be no problem with "ancient nord ruins" all over the place, they are still there, the enviroment have shanged but the ancient history are the same. An npc skin overhaul mod to give people a more "tanned" look would fit nicely I belivie. There are so many possibilies and as such I suggest a special thread for "mods suitable for tropical skyrim", not neccesarily developed for tropical use but fitting, Mod developers could submit a link to their work and have it placed in a sticky at the top.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...