TROPICAL SKYRIM -- A CLIMATE OVERHAUL MOD [WIP]

Soolie

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres another teaser :P

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/1375879-1362268928.jpg

The sky's a little to dark and saturated in this one, but thats just because i haven't updated my enb to suit the new climate.

You can also see on the ruins how i've used skyrims snow shader to add grass/moss on the tops of objects. The only problem is the texture seems to be projected straight down onto the surface, so there is some streching in the texture on vertical surfaces.

Edited by Soolie

This sounds like a wonderful idea. It changes the whole feel of skyrim without actually changing the gameplay. However, are you going to redo the creatures as well? Because a mammoth or a white saber cat in a desert/jungle area is just a little immersion breaking.

It looks fantastic, but looking at that last screenshot, there seems to be a general lack of shadows, aspecially on the grass in the right part of the picture. Or maybe I´ve just forgotten how skyrim looks, it´s been a while since I played it. Will probably reinstall just for this mod anyhow :smile:

also, more teaser pics plz!!! :)

Edited by dondondon

It looks fantastic, but looking at that last screenshot, there seems to be a general lack of shadows, aspecially on the grass in the right part of the picture. Or maybe I´ve just forgotten how skyrim looks, it´s been a while since I played it. Will probably reinstall just for this mod anyhow :smile:

also, more teaser pics plz!!! :smile:

Lack of shadows is likely an ENB thing, I believe he said he is using an ENB, and he likely lightened the shadows to make the world seem more vibrant and colorful. ^_^

Well there's Dragonborn's bone and chitin armors. But this mod will require a ton of work to fit everything to a tropical theme. He/she/it is already working on buildings, but there's animals, items, clothing, comments, ect. And in theory there should be more tanned people, not these pasty Nords. :P