WERE-CROCS

RextheRobot

Argonians only?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should this mod apply only to Argonians as a replacer for default lycanthropy due to their reptilian blood, or should all races be able to become Werecrocodiles through some type of unique encounter/quest?

• ARGONIANS ONLY! THEY'RE THE BEST!
    • Were-Crocs for all!
    • This idea is STUPID!
    • This idea is FANTASTIC!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm weighing in a little late but I think it is a very good idea however there are a few concerns that make me hesitant to offer my straight away, 1, I've tried adding custom model "demi werewolves" to the game but the only way to allow transformation is via an animal transform script as the werewolf transformation is unique (reletivaly speaking) hence any alteration to that and you still get a werewolf, as for the animal trasformations there is an occasional stuck issue where you can't transform back if you haven't completed most of the companions questline and even sometimes after that and this will be quite frustrating for players if we can't find a workaround. 2, as far as I am aware the skill trees are hardcoded into the game and new ones can't be added without removing a previous tree, unless you do it outside of the level up (check werewolf mods, some of those have extra skill tree's that don't alter the vanilla). And lastly as with any mod it's much better to save the really heavy ifeas until you have a better grasp of modding (that was my mistake, trying to create a worldspace when all I knew was how to make a 3d body in maya. so try and start with something a little simpler, ie, adding were crocs as killable creatures to the game. lots of people will like that I reckon, then after you've released a few bug fixes and gotten to know the CK better you could try and make them playable via a transformation script, then start adding abilities then maybe combine it all for your overall mod idea) aside from that if you need any help with bits and peices you can always drop me a pm, I have my own mods to work on atm but a quick model or two and maybe an explanation on some ck features shouldn't be out of reach.

Hope it goes well and good luck with the modding

@Shoneah0Tokala

You can create your won transformation lesser power and transform to your custom race and back at will. I have done 2 such transformations. Th dawnguard werewolf skill tree is a joke for me really. Its so magical and unrealistic. I havent created any skill tree since I regard them as artificial. My beasts gain additional abilities smoothly as they progress in OneHanded or Sneak skills. And they progress in the skills if they attack or walk slowly.

• 1 month later...

Why would it just be for Argonians? Lycanthropy is a disease. Each strain is a different animal. It would be lore breaking to have a different strain for each race with only one disease. Every strain affects every race. That is what the lore says. Why does vampirism affect everyone? It is a disease. If you played Morrowind you would know that lycanthropy is a disease. If you played Daggerfall you know wereboar disease AND werewolf disease affects all races. Just because most of the modern ES players never played Oblivion or any previous game does not mean the lore has changed. The lore is consistent. That be like making Mario a woman just because there is a new generation of Mario gamers. Lore is added but is never changed.

Also the werelizard thing in the Nature of the Beast mod is EPIC! I love it! However it is not crocodile enough for me if you know what I mean. It looks more like a dragon to be honest and I would not consider it a werecrocodile. :) However I do use the creature in my games from time to time if it fancies me. I would just like to see a playable werecrocodile. With werebears now in the game it seems that it is possible to create separate forms for different shifters.

Yea you should definitely make this mod for all races, Argonians are my favorite race but it's more lore friendly to make it a disease all races can contract. Plus it'll make the mod more accessible to those who don't play as Argonians which means more downloads, endorsements, and possible donations. P.s. I really hope this mod isn't dead, I'm really looking forward to being a werecroc!

Why would it just be for Argonians? Lycanthropy is a disease. Each strain is a different animal. It would be lore breaking to have a different strain for each race with only one disease. Every strain affects every race. That is what the lore says. Why does vampirism affect everyone? It is a disease. If you played Morrowind you would know that lycanthropy is a disease. If you played Daggerfall you know wereboar disease AND werewolf disease affects all races. Just because most of the modern ES players never played Oblivion or any previous game does not mean the lore has changed. The lore is consistent. That be like making Mario a woman just because there is a new generation of Mario gamers. Lore is added but is never changed.

Also the werelizard thing in the Nature of the Beast mod is EPIC! I love it! However it is not crocodile enough for me if you know what I mean. It looks more like a dragon to be honest and I would not consider it a werecrocodile. :smile: However I do use the creature in my games from time to time if it fancies me. I would just like to see a playable werecrocodile. With werebears now in the game it seems that it is possible to create separate forms for different shifters.

Maybe it doesn't have to be a disease, maybe it's a bacteria that has to be injected into the bloodstream. That could be part of a quest, finding out about a cult and getting turned.

• 4 weeks later...

Also the werelizard thing in the Nature of the Beast mod is EPIC! I love it! However it is not crocodile enough for me if you know what I mean. It looks more like a dragon to be honest and I would not consider it a werecrocodile. :smile: However I do use the creature in my games from time to time if it fancies me. I would just like to see a playable werecrocodile. With werebears now in the game it seems that it is possible to create separate forms for different shifters.

Maybe it doesn't have to be a disease, maybe it's a bacteria that has to be injected into the bloodstream. That could be part of a quest, finding out about a cult and getting turned.

-_______________- Every werewolf I killed in Morrowind is turning in their graves right now. All these people who know nothing about ES lore trying to butcher the lore like this.. wow.. just wow.. I am sorry. I do not want to sound negative but really if there is gong to be another lycanthropy mod why does it have to deviate from the lore so much? Why change everything? Go back and at least play Morrowind so that you can understand what lycanthropy is and why it is a disease. It is a supernatural disease. It is not a bacteria. If anything it is some magic virus. I have no idea but really? Have you played any other ES game?