Daedra, Daedric Lords, Dremora, Soultrap....

Sucrilhus

My post is actually 3 questions.

1) What's the difference between a Daedra and a Dremora?

Every Dremora is a Daedra but not every Daedra is a Dremora? Is that it?

2) Is it true that every Daedra is wicked? Azura's Star quest gives me that impression.... but Azura her self seem good to me... Meridia too, for example...

But according to the Vigillants of Stendar, Daedra are supposed to be completely avoided.

Should a good character completely ignore those creatures then?

3) How evil is to soul trap someone/something to use for your own purposes.

You're destroying the after-life of that creature just to fufill your power.

My question is: Is there such a thing as a Good Enchanter?

Edited by Sucrilhus

it depends on your Pov, if you think Meridia is ok, accept her quest, if not then don't, But don't let the Vigillants stop you getting your reward from the quest. Its like the Altmer don't think anyone should worship Talos but some Nords do and if they worship him that doesn't make them evil.

Soul trapping is completely evil. The soul cairn pretty much makes that black and white. Of course you could explain away soul trapping animals, but a truly good person wouldn't do that.

Necromancy is evil. Summoning atronachs is probably ok since they are constructs.

Basically, the good-friendly Daedric quests are the following in my opinion.

Sheogorath (using the reward on people is not cool though)

Meridia

Azura (you are eliminating a threat to people, you would ideally toss the star down a deep well to protect the world from it)

Malacath (You are essentially saving a whole village)

Soul trapping is completely evil. The soul cairn pretty much makes that black and white. Of course you could explain away soul trapping animals, but a truly good person wouldn't do that.

That always bugged me a little...

Everyone in Skyrim acts completely normal in regards of White Soul Trapping...

People generally despise the trapping of Black Souls, that makes sense... we usually only find black soul gems on Necromancers or some really sick minded people. But people seem to accept the trapping of white souls (animals, monsters, and yadda yadda) as normal...

I wish it was possible to craft armors resistent to fire/cold/lighting by smithing only. I really don't feel right trapping the soul of a poor bear that was just protecting his territory.

---

Owenhud55, I was debating this in a more objective way. Not in what my character considers good... but what it is in fact. (Or the overall community opinion)

twinsens, lol...that's just ... wow....

Edited by Sucrilhus

Me, I don't have a problem with it. Its part of the game mechanics.

I wish it was possible to craft armors resistent to fire/cold/lighting by smithing only. I really don't feel right trapping the soul of a poor bear that was just protecting his territory.
It is possible. Make some new recipes that require the non-enchanted gear & some pastes made via a modified custom alchemy station that boosts alchemy but creates objects instead of potions. You could then go to the armor bench or grinding wheel and "rub in" the pastes giving the gear the enchantment you desired.

Its a lot of work, but would be doable

Most Daedra aren't "evil" per say. But they do represent different aspects, which some of them aren't really ehm... nice by mortal standards. For example Peryite controls diseases, pestilence but also represents the natural order. Mehrunes Dagon represents change through destruction (atleast i think so), Meridia hates undead (and necromancers like me, so i don't help her), Azura is kind of nice too, i have no problems with her (though i prefer my black star of azura :P) Edited by skulleris

Yes, Dremora are a type of Daedra.

The souls of animals are just a type of magical energy. Animals don't go on to afterlives (I think Arvak from the Soul Cairn was already supernatural - I don't think he was Soul Trapped). Sentient beings' souls are entirely different - their souls are black and contain consciousness. Soul trapping sentients=bad, animals=OK.

Not all Daedra are bad, just most.