Daedra, Daedric Lords, Dremora, Soultrap....

Sucrilhus

Falmer have white souls and they are clearly sentient.

Yeah i was wondering about that for some time. It could be an oversight by the developers, it might not be intentional. Or the white souls could mean that they degenerated so much, that they're nothing more than monsters.

But i do feel sympathy towards Falmer, i mean being turned into blind monsters and enslaved by their, more or less, brethren, is kind of sad and terrible. So i avoid soul trapping them, even though i didn't have any problems soul trapping bandits... Until i went to Soul Cairn myself. I stopped using Black soul gems then.

Edited by skulleris

A potential and "lore-friendly" solution to those who have an ethical issue with soul trap, yet want enchanted items, would be for dragons, dremora, centurions, or some such high ranking creatures to drop special items that substitute for soul gems. Dragons could drop teeth or marrow with magical properties that either substitute for soul gems, or have their own unique enchantments attached to them.

If the items were a substitute it would be somewhat easy to mod. If it was a different sort of enchant, which also made the item it was applied to unable to be enchanted further, it would be more work and I'm not sure how to mod that myself.

Edit: Actually, I do know how to mod that. It would be done through the Smithing menu, with the special items being a part of the recipe. Item produced would not be disenchantable/enchantable. Could make it require both smithing and enchanting skill and/or perks. Stats on the items could be equivalent of the enchanting skill at the level required to craft the item - double enchanted items requiring enchanting mastery.

I've read that the Daedra are the concepts that they represent, and I can quite happily accept this notion. So that Mehrunes Dagon IS war and he IS destruction. Sheogorath IS madness, Boethia IS deceit and Merida IS purification.

So as far as I'm concerned all of the Daedra have their rightful place in the world, because they are all aspects of nature and/or the mind. They apply to everyone, though some in greater amounts than others from person to person.

I've read that the Daedra are the concepts that they represent, and I can quite happily accept this notion. So that Mehrunes Dagon IS war and he IS destruction. Sheogorath IS madness, Boethia IS deceit and Merida IS purification.

So as far as I'm concerned all of the Daedra have their rightful place in the world, because they are all aspects of nature and/or the mind. They apply to everyone, though some in greater amounts than others from person to person.

Which is all true, yet a truly 'good' character wouldn't think of things in a cold way like that.

So does anyone want a mod that allows you to make special potions that substitute for soul gems? I could make such a mod, but would like some input from others before I begin. I'm thinking of dragon bone marrow as being one of the ingredients required. Post any ideas/suggestions or PM me.

SPERG has an alteration perk that allows you to make and upgrade a dwemer-thing that acts as a soulgem (it steals your magicka to refuel itself), so you can avoid soultrapping. The ingredients are difficult to acquire for the upgrades, but that's fairly balanced.

As for Daedra, they are not intrinsically evil, and the Aedra have their bad points as well.

Falmer have white souls and they are clearly sentient.

Yeah i was wondering about that for some time. It could be an oversight by the developers, it might not be intentional. Or the white souls could mean that they degenerated so much, that they're nothing more than monsters.

But i do feel sympathy towards Falmer, i mean being turned into blind monsters and enslaved by their, more or less, brethren, is kind of sad and terrible. So i avoid soul trapping them, even though i didn't have any problems soul trapping bandits... Until i went to Soul Cairn myself. I stopped using Black soul gems then.

Remember that, until Morrowind, Orcs counted as monsters, just like the Falmer are now.

hum... HAve you tough about Molag Ball? this guy is responsible of:

Slavery

Murder

Child Abuse

Vampire

Soul Trap

And surely a lot of more things like that, yet, you think he have his rightful place in the world? You need to consult a psy my friend if it'S what you think really....

ok... just give me one thing good that rape can do in the world and maybe, i said maybe, i'll change my mind... Good luck with that tough.

Yes, Molag Bal is domination and temptation, and much as you hate those concepts, they do have a place in the world. Though, feel free to continue to judge greater beings with your limited mortal perspective.

there'S only Molag Ball i hate, even Dagon i don't really hate him since i consider him as the master of element, i consider him more as a purifier than an demon that destroy everything actually... someone said dagon is affiliated with war... I think it'S Molag Ball's Job and that Dagon just clean the mess after... Oh and Domination, rape, etc is nothing natural... there's only human i know to be enough idiot to do this kind of s***.

Edited by lquebecois