Who calls the Dark Brotherhood on the Dragonborn?

LordSarcasm

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

1. we know the jarls and their courts would not stoop so low as to hire assassins other then our of dire straights

2. rolaff or hadvar nope their is no chance they would resort to this as it would shame both armies if the information ever came to light

3.maven while she does have the black sacrement material in her basement i don't believe she hired them to kill the dragonborn but rather just never cleaned it up when she prayed to the night mother (during astrids rein as leader they had a direct line ofcommunication aswel which tells me the sacrement material was from long before the player arrives in skyrim)

4.alduin he would try to kill you himself and hewould look weak to fellow dragons if he had to resort to using the brotherhood to kill the player and this would loose alot of respect from his allies and would make him unworthy to rule

5. delphine i dought she wouldl resort to that as she is arrogant enough to believe that she could kill you with little effort indicated by the "if you don't trust me you was a fool to walk in here in the first place" wen you state how can i know that i can trust you? question.

6. i dought any of the black-briars had anything to do with the it either as assassins have been seen before ever visiting riften.

7.phijics deffinatly not (tho i am leaning towards the sending the note from a friend)

it deffinatly has to be somebody with some influence tho as the brotherhood is not going to answer every dick and harry that preys to the them especially bandits forsworn and other such lowlifes

iwould say maybe its someone who is jealous of your power and they want it for themselves. or maybe somebody is jealous about that big arse house you built just across from the lake illinalta (sorry dnt no how to spell it) maybe they are jealous because you heading to be a world renown warrior.

its a pity bethesda did not add a small bit of dialogue with both astrid and nazir that could lead you to the person responcible.

somthing like this

to astrid

who ordered the hit on me before i joined?

astrid then says thats a need to know senario im not telling
or you can pay her x-amount of gold for the information

or she forces you o swear that their will be no retalition.

to nazir

do you know who ordered the assassination on me before i joined?

nazir then confirms he nows but has sworn to astrid he will not reveal the individuals identity

then you let it go for awhile until you become the full fledged leader of the brotherhood at which point you approach nazir again

asking him the same this time his responce woul;d be well i made a promiise but i guess thats pretty moot now since she betrayed us all

and from their nazir tells us who put out the contract and we can then either laugh or confront and kill the guy responcible tieing up the finalloose end.