Stealth getting ridiculous. Shoot bandit in the head and he says '

Malathor

Most immersion breaking thing in skyrim, easily.

In sneak --> shoot humanoid enemy with bow --> they turn around, draw weapon and say 'what was that?'. Just facepalm.

Is there any way to fix this? Any mod or is it possible to edit humanoid voices?

The mod 'improved sneak detection' might help.

no..im already using Path of Shadows and enemies see me if i dont be stealthy enough. its not the problem.

the problem is when im hidden and shoot an enemy with a bow they say something retarded like 'i thought i heard something' while there is an arrow sticking out of their throat, then charge at me.

does anyone know how to make it so sneak attack with a bow is always one hit kill against humanoids?

does anyone know how to make it so sneak attack with a bow is always one hit kill against humanoids?

100 Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy (and Deadly Aim of course). You can do up to around 600 physical damage per shot, not counting elemental damage enchants or the 3x crit multiplier (and this is without any cheats or exploits).

100 Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy (and Deadly Aim of course). You can do up to around 600 physical damage per shot, not counting elemental damage enchants or the 3x crit multiplier (and this is without any cheats or exploits).

sigh no thats just game breaking. is it possible to edit it so bows vs ONLY HUMANOIDS (playable races/vampires basically) are 1 shot kill on sneak attacks only? your way would just make bows one shot kill always.

I do remember seeing a mod like that, not that I recall the name unfortunately, but I do recall that it applied to ALL bows and arrows, meaning the enemies can one-shot you if someone gets lucky with a bow as well.

The only other thing I can think of is Bassem's Better Deadly Aim mod on the Steam Workshop, which ups the crit multiplier from x3 to x6 for ranged sneak attacks.

sigh no thats just game breaking. is it possible to edit it so bows vs ONLY HUMANOIDS (playable races/vampires basically) are 1 shot kill on sneak attacks only? your way would just make bows one shot kill always.

Okay let me clear things up..

do you want instant 1 hit? even if the arrow hit only non-vital parts(legs,arms..etc.) or when it hits vital parts?

if so.. then Locational Damage is for you.. but then.. i deactivated it... why? because its somehow imbalanced.. even spiders could kill you.. because it features bleeding effects.. and such.. i tried master.. 1 v 1.. my werewolf vs a spider.. and i died from 2-3 hits.. from bleeding.. LOL..

but it shouldnt bother you.. since ur sneaking.. although its sometimes annoying to get killed easily.. yet its somwhow immersive..

once you have sneaking at a certain level with certain perks its practically cheating in vanilla skyrim. Its so ridiculously overpowered, that you can take out an enemy among ten others with a bow, take two steps back and kill another etc. and all they will do is "I think I heard something, must be my imagination, I am talking with an arrow between my tongue how cool is that" etc.

Mods can help to make it less ridiculous but your best bet is, dont spend any perks in Sneak and try to keep it low.

Not the only thing that is op in Skyrim though, but the beauty in Skyrim is that you can decide for yourself how hard you want your game to be.

You can also keep your Sneak skill low with console.

Thats the Price we have to pay for having a game with so much freedom. The other side of the coin is having games who require you to be always online, who will force update themselves and who will give you exact the gaming experience that the publisher decides for you to have. Considering that, I can very well live with this little problem.

Sigh all i really want is for bandits and vampires not to ruin immersion by saying stupid bulls*** when I shoot them. It is SO offputting. That is all. I use locational damage - i die if i am hit a couple of times with arrows as it should be. I beat other creatures by simply not getting hit. If a spider hits be 3 times im dead. I won't get hit, i will dodge.

The way i see to fix my core problem is to just never give them a chance to break immersion by saying 'what was that sound?' when they get shot. I cannot one-shot powerful enemies like Forsworn Briarhearts or Vampire Masters/Bandit Maras. This means one-shotting them. But I don't want fights where I am not in sneak and just one shot everyone out of sneak. Therefore smithing/enchanting is not the way forward.

Another way to fix this would be to silence all human enemies like bandits so they don't say anything, or even better, replace all the sound files like 'what was that?' with cries of pain or something. This one is preferred, but I will take the former option if it isnt possible which I am starting to think it isnt.

Often, I get what I want. That is, I see a bandit outlaw and 1 shot him with bow and arrow from sneak, then his allies see me (modded so i cant abuse sneak too much) and its a normal battle.

Sometimes, I don't. That is, I shoot a Forsworn Briarheart in the head who says 'I think i heard something!' and charges at me totally oblivious to the fact that he should be dead.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit.

Well...

I don't know a mod that does that... but I think it's definitely possible...

SkyRe, for example, has an attribute for Woodelves that states "They deal 50% more damage with bows against non-playable races".

All a modder would have to do to please you would be "Add a +5000% damage bonus on sneak attacks against playable races."

Edited by Sucrilhus