i want a madcat!!!

duncanlambert

i want a mech to travel the wastelands in. if its easier maybe create a suit of armour that is completely enclosed and makes the pc 150% larger (Without the pipboy of course) Ideally you'd like it to remain outside when you get out of it but whatever is easier

Ofc it would be cool to have a mad cat, but prolly not until GECK is out.

im actually not too fond of the BOS robot, it looks kinda flimsy and retro...prolly the idea thinking about it.

I wanna medium sized chicken walker striding over the wastes, mowing down audatious raiders with twin linked miniguns.

if you encounted a behemoth, i want a feckin fight, i dont wanna tear it to shreds in seconds. i want to limp away from the fight and possibly have to abandon my mech in search of scrap to repair it. Maybe there is more then one, like Mutant ones with mutilated bodies nailed to it.

Primarily it would make moving about faster but if anyone has any ideas to make it even more stylish, please speak up.

maybe i should just go play mechwarrior?

thing is, what was missing from mechwarrior was the ability to get out of the mech and run around on foot, invading bases, stealing other vehicals

Mace Griffion style, fly around in your ship and then land it, turn around and walk straight out of your ship, into a firefight.

i think this has become a thread on how to make battletech games better, rather then what to include in a post apocalyptic 1st/3rd person shooter.

I don't really want the BoS robot either, the reason I said it was that it could be used to test the idea of this mod rather than making a new mesh and new texture only to find out it does really work.

Oh and as far as I know mech warrior isn't a sandbox game, so having mechs in this game would be a lot different from the mech warrior games. While you're at it why don't you say if you want cars in this game why don't you play GT4 instead.

I too love the idea of piloted robotics (mechs)

I had an idea for faking a micro-mini (same height as PC) mech for a VR Arcade.

by faking I mean it would not be a ridable but armor with perks

but in-game the armor's arms & legs aren't supposed to be the PC's

Well I suppose you could do it sorta like this...

You'd have a mesh or chair or object that looked like a crouched mech with an open cockpit.. you sit your character in there.. then you here a CLICK as the controlstuff drills through your skull..

Then fade to black for a second.. change the UI to be mech stuff.. and remove the seated mech and player and replace it with a creature that is controlled by the player.

You can switch weapons.. and shoot them from the creature.. your view moves with the creature.. maybe even have the player seated in the creature or static under the map or whatnot..

getting the legs to work differently from the torso may be a bit of a challenge however.

Using an eject keybind you might eject and get sent flying as the mech creature explodes..

using a crouch and exit key you'd fade to black, change ui, remove mech creature and place map object at location, put player in there seated or whatnot.. etc you get the idea...

Probably some variant on that.. but maybe I'm just spouting nonsense.

Archived