NVIDIA Project Shield handheld

Passb

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/07/nvidias-project-shield-an-android-based-handheld-with-steam-big-picture-streaming/

Looks like NVIDIA is making a handheld. I have never been into handheld gaming but this looks promising. Especially that reportedly you'll be able to hook up with your Steam account and stream in HD to another monitor/television. Have to say they botched the controller though, instead of using the superior true directional pad that the Playstation controller has they opted for the sub-par 360 d-pad.

The concept is neat but I can't understand why you would leave your computer running in one room just to strain your eyes looking at a small screen in another room within your own house. I guess you can play games while watching a movie with friends/family, bring it to dinner table or even to the bathroom :facepalm: . (I am probably missing the point of this device)

The concept is neat but I can't understand why you would leave your computer running in one room just to strain your eyes looking at a small screen in another room within your own house. I guess you can play games while watching a movie with friends/family, bring it to dinner table or even to the bathroom :facepalm: . (I am probably missing the point of this device)

I understand where you're coming from though. I never enjoyed handheld gaming but I know a lot of people do. Sadly a lot of great games have been released for handhelds that I simply never got to play. I hope this isn't the case with this NVIDIA handheld.