Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

i honestly prefer skyrim to oblivion, but i cant wait for my next oblivion playthrough.

i just wish there was an awesome graphics upgrade that didnt give everyone 80s hairspray hair and make elves look ridiculous.

btw, is there a 'best' mod for helping me play as a necromancer?

an extreme graphics mod would be OBGE and its SHADERS, and qarl and timeslips high quality (high resolution) textures.

look at my screenshot thread to see what you can do with it. (SSAO, FXAA,COLOR GRADING,ETC...)

i completly got rid of the cartoon(ish) colors and got a more realistic look to oblivion. even the characters look better without extreme character mods.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t488/frognap/TESoblivionMOD/ScreenShot28_zps357632ea.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PC is set up for performance more than graphics, it's a few years old, I was surprised it ran Oblivion to begin with. I'd originally played the PS3 version, so I had a chance to see the gorgeous visuals the first time I played through. I've got the textures set to low and no grass, fairly close draw distance for trees and such now on the PC, but I play the game for the story and the gameplay now more than the looks of it. Honestly, it still looks better than any other game I've ever gotten my PC to run, even with the low settings, and I'm a person who prefers good gameplay over graphics anyway. I do still keep my player and NPC's looking good, though, I installed some mods to smooth out face textures and such so they don't look so...fuggly...

i do not care much for graphics, but i just like to mess around with games.

thus customizing them to something other than pure standard (vanilla).

i even play games that have worse 3D than the PSX or quake 1, if i like the gameplay.

Hello again. Not only i'm not buying due to the drm garbage. I'm going to play more oblivion mods. I'm going to download 'morrowind overhaul' and play it from the start. Plus, the 'five keys of azura' mod. Should be a lot of fun. :smile:

I'm hoping bethsoft will come to senses and realize that drm is waste of money. Hackers broke the drm in hours not days. I'm hoping the game of the year edition will no drm at all. CD check is annoying, but it's alright. Else, I'm going to wait till skyrim comes out on GOG.

Bethsoft is so clueless about hackers and crackers. IMHO

I haven't played in a few years but i will be returning this year sometime i think, i decided to drop by this forum and check things out and i like what i see so far. I am currently replaying Morrowind myself, just finished modding the crap out of it and tweaking out my large draw distance last night.