Skyrim or Fallout Poll & Debate

PaladinHoss

Skyrim or Fallout ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout or Skyrim

I think they raped the combat system in skyrim and more or less killed the mage class but I've not ed fallout for ages now. Oblivion on the other hand had an exceptionally good combat mechanic even though the difficulty scaled too low. It also annoys me that I've not found a way to hotkey something to my right hand, making tossing the one or two spells I need as I charge into melle cumbersome.

Skyrim removed a lot of the RPG features that I always like about the TES games. More action/adventure that role-playing now.... just wait till the next one.... three skills, combat, stealth, magic, and that will be it....

The assorted FO games.... I like NV the best. Much better combat mechanics.

I don't know why many people hate on Skyrim for the changes they have made to their stats, skills, perks and combat. Yes, they may have been attempting to expand to a larger audience of gamers by streamlining and simplifying the rpg elements, however I don't see this as a bad thing. In some ways, certain playstyles are no longer valid, but the flexible perks system allows for much more specific playstyles. There are nearly limitless combinations of perks that can facilitate a multitude of hybrid playstyles.

Also, by not selecting a class and birthsign at the start of the game, the player is not forced to chose which path he wants to take. The player can experiment with different ways of playing the game until he is ready to commit to a class/role.

I will admit that the magic experience is lacking and I'm not a fan of wielding spells like it was done in morrowind, (imo oblivion nailed magic combat system). Yet still, there are an interesting variety of spells that can be achieved.

And as for butchering the lore, I have only run into a few contradictions with previous games, nothing major. Any new directions they want to take with the lore is their decision to make and so long as it doesnt invalidate anything that happened in the past, its fine by me. I