Skyrim or Fallout Poll & Debate

PaladinHoss

Skyrim or Fallout ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout or Skyrim

@Meta: You answered your own question. Multiple times. Anyone that played as a mage or one of those styles rendered impotent is going to hate Skyrim for that

For me. New Vegas did a lot of things better than Skyrim. I can't be bothered to remember what those are. But there are things I like about Skyrim.

I don't know. I'm not voting because I can't choose one over the other.

They've done more than streamline the RPG elements, they've made them so they're virtually non existent. Skyrim is an action game, a few perks isn't enough to make it an RPG, shooters use XP to gain perks these days and they wouldn't be considered RPGs. There are no choices, no consequences for your actions, if fact nothing you do make the slightest bit of difference to anyone or anything, it's no better than Fable. Other developers add extra features when they release sequels, Bethesda take them away. The Elder Scrolls Six is likely to have three skills, stab, zap and heal. I dread to think what they're going to inflict on us when Fallout 4 comes around.

They've done more than streamline the RPG elements, they've made them so they're virtually non existent. Skyrim is an action game, a few perks isn't enough to make it an RPG, shooters use XP to gain perks these days and they wouldn't be considered RPGs. There are no choices, no consequences for your actions, if fact nothing you do make the slightest bit of difference to anyone or anything, it's no better than Fable. Other developers add extra features when they release sequels, Bethesda take them away. The Elder Scrolls Six is likely to have three skills, stab, zap and heal. I dread to think what they're going to inflict on us when Fallout 4 comes around.

Exactly! Birthsigns don't matter, race doesn't matter. Any character can be anything. There is no advantage/disadvantage to any choices made during character creation. There is no differentiation in racial abilities or stats. Everyone runs at the same speed, everyone can carry the same amount of weight. Everyone has the exact same abilities available to them as they play, and gain levels. It is hardly possible to fail a quest. (and the only way you CAN fail, is on the VERY few quests that give you two choices..... (help this guy, or kill him.....) I think I can count those on one hand.....

So far as I am concerned, the game has been OVER simplified. Sure, makes sense from a money standpoint... (which we know is what it is all about...) Morrowind was a REAL RPG, Oblivion was an action/adventure game with role playing elements. Skyrim is as well, but, has even fewer role-playing elements than Oblivion. I am not happy with the direction Beth is taking the games. I liked Obsidians take on fallout better than Beths'.....

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout is better. Skyrim has boring combat compared. And no, it's not because it is with melee weapons rather than guns. Mount and Blade managed to make melee combat fun, so why has no other game been able to?

YES! YES! YES! My point exactly :D they just cant make the same fun as mount and blade where its not about graphics,but gameplay,fun and plot.

I generally agree that Skyrim has better lore while Fallout has better combat however, I feel the "feel" of NV was just to hopeful, bright, not apocalyptic enough even when going out of your way to make it otherwise. While skyrim still has the "feel" I'd come to love in Oblivion. So in essence Oblivion and Fallout 3 were equal, Fallout 3 was better than Skyrim, however skyrim was better than NV.

But in truth I view both series as nothing more than a glorified moding resource and thus they are all equal and will be barely noticeable under the many, many mods.

Fallout 3 is by far the better game ... I was constantly strategizing my next move, and my sense of immersion

in the game was far more realistic.

Skyrim on the other hand for me is a straightforward game of how strong I am in whatever character type, and

then I just go from one quest to the other.

Having said that, I'm still thoroughly enjoying it.

New Vegas ... sigh ... I'm not even going there.