Graphic and cool mods.

rockygohard18

Hay guys I'm new too the Oblivion modding scene..I've been deep in fallout NV and Fallout 3..so I decided to buy oblivion on steam and try some of the mods.

Anyone know any good graphic overhaul mods? I and just some neat house or weapon mods....maybe even animations?

I was going to look up myself but I think that might take all week considering the amount of mods.

I got better cities,row boats and seadome besides that just a body replacer...I installed Graphic extender but it did nothing...so if you got any good mods Ill appreciate it..thank you.

Everyone's going to have a different opinion and list of mods, but here's some to get you started:

Graphics:

Qarl's Texture Pack Redimized

OBGE Liquid Water

RAEVWD if you have a beast of a machine

Unique Landscapes Compilation (not technically a graphcs mod, but it does make Tamriel look way cool)

House mod:

Glenvar Castle (requires a quest to get it though)

Or browse through Oblivion's Real Estate

Weapon mod:

Anduril Reforged by Lanceor of course. :)

Have to agree with Lanceor, every one will hand you a different list. This will normally come with a few choice mods and their fav's attached. Many of the ones I'm listing use the Oblivion mod manager to install so you'll first need to down load it. Its also a good idea to get BOSS to manage your mod list. Its also good if you have a decent gaming rig to run them on.

My list starts with Patches. These fix some bugs existing in the official mods that where never cleaned up by the developers.

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

Unofficial Official Mods Patch

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch

If you don't want to do the starter dungeon grab Alternate Start Revamped In addition the following mods really changes the graphics turning IC, City/states and the local landscapes in the province of Cyrodiil.

Better Cities

Unique Landscapes

Qarl's Texture Pack 3

Bomret Texture Pack for Shivering Isles

These next ones when used together change the weather system in game and add a view the the games default Shops and Homes.

Weather - All Natural

Immersive Interiors

Immersive Interiors Landscape AddOn

Next some new audio.

Sounds of Cyrodiil

Oblivion Stereo Sound Overhaul

Symphony of Violence - Combat Sound Enhancement

Additional Music Pack

Finally some personal fav's, Waalx Animals & Creatures. This adds a number of the real sword mods to the game as well as a number of newer armor and Mobs. Depending on what ESP's you use it will also change the Legion Guards to dress more like roman soldiers and the arena tosses 5 combatants at you. Not the one your use to.

As for homes you'll want to spend a day and look threw the Abodes - Player homes on Nexus. The same can be said with other categories of Armor, Weapons, Models And Textures.

Many great suggestions. :thumbsup:

Also check out the top 100 list - these are the most popular, and most endorsed mods there are. - most of the mods recommended will likely be found there.

As for using NMM for Oblivion, Most mods will work. Some - especially those with multiple choices, may not. Most Oblivion mods were made long before NMM was released, and the authors never even considered the structure needed to work with NMM - But as the structure was the most common even then - they may work just fine.