ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex Problems to Fix (Pls Fix)

BernardGS

I Have two major Problems with Vortex

1. It's too heavy, it uses too much of my memory, it stays at 2nd place with FO4 in the apps that uses too much Memory, but i think that cannot be fixed.

2. It's downloads are too slow

Someone - Ah... you need premium otherwise you will only be able to download 1 mb/s at maximum

Me - Wait... Vortex should download 1mb/s instead of 56 kb/s ?

Yeah exactly, for whatever reason my Vortex have these Download problems, first it was 300kb/s some months ago, i've came back to play FO4 and boom 50kb/s Downloads.

Someone - This is your Internet Problem

Me - No it isn't because if it was NMM(Community Version) wouldn't download Mods 1mb/s and Steam wouldn't download Games 10mb/s.

This issue is not on my side it's on Vortex's because NMM(Community Version) Works Just fine.

I Live in Brazil's Capital (Brasilia) and it's pretty far away from the US, someone has once told me the problem was because i was too far away from the Servers, and i accepted that as an answer, NMM may have servers in the SA, Otherwise it would just help me prove Vortex Download Speed is broken

(Yes I Re-Installed Vortex, Multiple times.)

If someone could explain and help me solve this problem (Mostly 2), i would be thankful

Hi there,

I know that some users in South America get a bad connection from time to time. You can troubleshoot your connection here: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/92-im-having-download-issues-what-can-i-do

As far as Vortex being "too heavy", once you mods are deployed you can actually close Vortex and play normally. There's also the option to have Vortex close automatically when starting the game (edit the tools on the dasboard).