Things We All Wish Bethesda Would Learn

Deleted472477User

I wish Bethesda would learn that dumbing down their games makes them less enjoyable to play. I played Skyrim vanilla up to 48th level. The game is so lame I refuse to play it now, much less mod for it. To me, it has no replay value.

What I would like to see for FO4: Take the best elements of FO3 and New Vegas and gel them into something enjoyable to play. Make the chargen fun again with less limitations. FIRE the dev that came up with the chargen scheme for Skyrim. (It sucks. :down: ) Ditch the pointless body scaling and make really unique NPC races. Have fat and skinny characters, make some shorter, make some taller, etc. Make two versions of hair models. One 'helmet' version for NPCs and a havoked one for players. If they can do torch flames that move with the player they can use the same engine to make hair that MOVES.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bethesda needs to Learn how to make a Better Loot System.

I'm tired of killing Named NPCs and Quest NPCs and getting Crap that you can find in a Store, give us better Loot.

Bosses and Other Named NPCs are Suppose to have the Best Items not some Crap you find in a Store.

@ziitch You mod Just Cause 2 in the same way you mod Dragon Age, via an override folder. We don't know what it's really capable of because the game didn't support mods and they never released any tools. As for physics it uses Havok, that can be set up anyway you want. Again we don't know what Frostbite is capable of because no one has gotten hold of any of the tools for it. CryEngine 3 would indeed be excellent but I'd also like to know what these other engines are capable of.

I'm tired of killing Named NPCs and Quest NPCs and getting Crap that you can find in a Store, give us better Loot.

Bosses and Other Named NPCs are Suppose to have the Best Items not some Crap you find in a Store.

Yay, I actually posted a successful thread!

FFS, this!

I'm also sick of unlocking Adept chests to find 10 gold pieces, a Linen Wrap, and a crappy axe. Yet, an Apprentice lock can conceal a really good armor piece and a good bit of gold. The hell?

I want random loot. Not too random, but in Morrowind they hid the most amazing stuff in out of the way places. A lucky level 5 character exploring near the site the Hlaalu player stronghold could find a damn fine weapon.

Yay, I actually posted a successful thread!

FFS, this!

I'm also sick of unlocking Adept chests to find 10 gold pieces, a Linen Wrap, and a crappy axe. Yet, an Apprentice lock can conceal a really good armor piece and a good bit of gold. The hell?

I want random loot. Not too random, but in Morrowind they hid the most amazing stuff in out of the way places. A lucky level 5 character exploring near the site the Hlaalu player stronghold could find a damn fine weapon.

I concur. I can't even play Oblivion any more without an Unleveled mod to add a more extreme risk/reward system. (Unleveled enemies and loot means a chance of very tough enemies, and a chance of very good loot.)

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would be enough for them to outsource the writing to Obsidian. Not just story, also NPCs and backstory (so you could actually HAVE a backstory for a change instead of "A and B happened, now you must kill C" ). Then let the artists and level designers of Beth to do their thing with the landscape.

And the companion wheel. Can't understand why they didn't "import" that one from New Vegas.

If money is a concern (trust me, it is), and they want to scale a game so it plays on XBOX and the computer too, then instead of scaling down all to the lowest and slowest, make 2 games, with the same theme and idea. Let the XBOX users have their craptacular XBOXSkyrim, while the PC guys would get something a lot more scalable. Oh yeah and make some great offical modding tools, better than Creation Kit.

Also..I understand, that it's nice thing that I can pick up pot or a plate off the table, but they really don't have any value at all. If I could trade it for something great, then ok...but as of right now, all these items I can pick up is just useless clutter. Actually anyone who is beyond a certain level, all the metal and iron swords and armor are useless clutter that nobody wants. Beth could have saved a lot more time by not being able to pick up all this junk and made them static objects.

These are just a few, from hundreds of things I could mention.