Things We All Wish Bethesda Would Learn

Deleted472477User

Oh I have to add that their cutscenes often feel... Lacking. Some of them feel like they should be so exciting and then they aren't.

Dragon Age is Bioware, not Bethesda

I think Pavy was saying that hopefully DA3 will be better than Skyrim, not that its a Bethesda game.

... what cutscenes?

also pavy is referring to bioware devs saying they like skyrim and wanted to make DA more like skyrim. whatever that means. open world or just the environment because the artwork from DA3 looks like locations in skyrim.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally as far as their titles go I have yet to find a more enjoyable game collection that hasn't taken away months of my life, but to be honest I couldn't really immerse myself into the main story in NV and Skyrim quite like I could in Oblivion and FO3. The failure there was the lack of personal relationships to any of the NPCs or any emotional content in the dialogue, which is a massive linchpin in storytelling. Maybe this is one the main reasons I never felt compelled to complete skyrims main quest but instead focus on killing as much as possible and collect lots of goodies (but I do that with all games anyway).

I don't like how they decided to dilute the magic system either, it made mages seem very linear in progression with little room for making the character unique. At least in oblivion we could craft spells...remind me why they got rid of that again? On the flip side playing a warrior is extremely satisfying with the death blows when you get to watch your mace bury into your enemies skull with a sickening crushing sound :devil:

As long as they've been around, Bethesda still hasn't learned some things that would make their lives easier and maybe even just increase profits in the process. Things like...

Don't hold back content that could easily be placed in the initial release (horse armor and crossbows, it's all on you).

I am sure they are quite aware of what they are doing there, don't hold your breath on them 'learning' something about that.

As for character appearance that has only gotten better with time I think, not sure what the complaint is there unless they don't look pretty enough for some people or was there some kind of bug I missed?

The perks system was great in fallout but not as good in skyrim due to the tree method, that doesn't work for me because there is a good chance most will never see the light of day. So Bethesda, don't do a skill tree in FO4 or I will proton cannon your ass!

Animation, people do not float, glide or move like robots.

No...they don't...or shouldn't...but they do...still...and its not being patched :facepalm:

Edited by Ironman5000

That's a trope... It's staying. Technically TES:V did skip the prison part completely and jump to the execution... And look where that got us... An execution that you know isn't going to go through since you just spent 3 hours previously riding into town and deciding what you would look like.

I know but I hate it. It shows that they are unoriginal and are unwilling to look at new ideas.

Yes, we need the option to see that great looming doom on the horizon consider the bunch who just nearly had us executed, and go to sign up for making that doom especially doom-y for those who crossed us. Why save the world when you can put yourself in position to rule the next one?

Sometimes I feel that Tamriel is like a sinking ship. Can't we have one dedicated to self discovery or being an explorer as the main quest? I would like it if we look beyond and the other continents that we never see

Wasnt somewhere announced that in DA3 will be an open world?...correct me if im wrong.

Well my expectations are pretty low, but i really want DA3 to succeed if they plan it as an open world game and take beths lead away, so these guys actually try harder on their next TES game.

Got hyped for skyrim and meh...never going to do that again.

offtopic:

Anyone played/has Drakensang, after watching a few vids im considering getting it, is it good ?

Erm i am aware of that, thats why i said that it would be nice if DA3 succeeded as in, delivering a good open world rpg and take the lead away from bethesda, so they really try harder on their next game...well not that i believe it would really happen, just a thought.

Edited by pavy

Erm i am aware of that, thats why i said that it would be nice if DA3 succeeded as in, delivering a good open world rpg and take the lead away from bethesda, so they really try harder on their next game...well not that i believe it would really happen, just a thought.

The closest that BioWare has ever got to open world was BG and they aren't going to go that far.

The closest that BioWare has ever got to open world was BG and they aren't going to go that far.

Yeah probably, it just would be nice for beth to have a serious competitor that would deliver in everything that skyrim is lacking, it would be a win/win scenario for us as in, they would compete to deliver better...but yeah thats not gonna happen.

another thing bethesda should do. even though bethesda screwed them over obsidian still wants to work for them. if fact they're kinda of begging to work on fallout again but obsidian also said something else. they would love to make an elder scrolls game.

i think while BGS makes an elder scrolls game obsidian should work on a fallout game. while BGS makes a fallout game obsidian could work on an elder scrolls game. its genius

In my opinion, they should just work together. They both do one thing good, while failing on the other. For example, Bethesda sucks at writing dialogues; Obsidian's just awesome at it. While i never really liked FNV, i gotta admit than the conversation between you and some of the npcs is very entertaining.

Wasnt somewhere announced that in DA3 will be an open world?...correct me if im wrong.

Well my expectations are pretty low, but i really want DA3 to succeed if they plan it as an open world game and take beths lead away, so these guys actually try harder on their next TES game.

offtopic:

Anyone played/has Drakensang, after watching a few vids im considering getting it, is it good ?

yea, i misunderstood "take the lead away from Bethesda" i get what you are saying now.

my opinions on Bethesda only come from FO3 and FONV. havent played the earlier ones, and havent ever played an Elder Scrolls game. i liked FO3 more then NV. i liked the landscape more. in NV it was a nuked desert. woop de doo. i liked seeing the destroyed buildings and cities in FO3. the underground subway system. New Vegas was soo boring and i had no desire to explore it. and when i got to New Vegas, i just wanted to get out. it wasnt as exciting as DC. i laso really liked how you had those few weapons you could create in FO3. not only were they usually fun, but it kind of added to the apocalypse feel. having to create weapons out of whatever you can find. i also dont like how they went to Perking every 3 levels in NV. i modded that the first chance i got to Perking every level. i want to look forward to every single level. not every 3 levels. and putting points into a stat every level doesnt cut it. NV also didnt have interesting little settlements. FO3 had Tenpenny and Megaton, the Republic of Dave, the Vampires, the Police station up there, the Little kids Camp, etc, underground Army Bunkers, you could go to different parts of the Wasteland and see how different people were surviving (or had attempted to survive) one of my favorite things was going into a place and seeing dead bodies, maybe with guns next to them, maybe with some Dead Ants in front of them. you got to see how a group tried to survive (and fail). or in other cases you go into a building and read on a Computer as someone types that something is happening (sometimes an event before the bombs, sometimes the event of the bombs) and they say something like, im going to go hide in the closet now. and you go into the closet and you find a dead body and a bottle of Whiskey. its things like that that made me really Love FO3. i just didnt get that same stuff with FONV. and if it was there, well as i said before, i just didnt have the desire to explore a place that looked the same before the Nukes as it did after. its a desert. i also didnt like how i could side with the Brotherhood. i know its because NV was more of a throwback to the earlier FO games, but coming from FO3, and having those little side missions with the Brotherhood in NV, i kinda wanted to say, Screw the Rangers, Screw Caesar, im (still) with the Brotherhood! eat Giant Robot. but i couldnt...and also how some people mentioned, the NPCs in NV didnt interest me. i only managed to get a couple (again, didnt wanna explore) but none were as cool as Mr Gusty or Fawkes.

offtopic:

Maybe they will get that competition. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/news/982/

offtopic:

yea, i misunderstood "take the lead away from Bethesda" i get what you are saying now.

my opinions on Bethesda only come from FO3 and FONV. havent played the earlier ones, and havent ever played an Elder Scrolls game. i liked FO3 more then NV. i liked the landscape more. in NV it was a nuked desert. woop de doo. i liked seeing the destroyed buildings and cities in FO3. the underground subway system. New Vegas was soo boring and i had no desire to explore it. and when i got to New Vegas, i just wanted to get out. it wasnt as exciting as DC. i laso really liked how you had those few weapons you could create in FO3. not only were they usually fun, but it kind of added to the apocalypse feel. having to create weapons out of whatever you can find. i also dont like how they went to Perking every 3 levels in NV. i modded that the first chance i got to Perking every level. i want to look forward to every single level. not every 3 levels. and putting points into a stat every level doesnt cut it. NV also didnt have interesting little settlements. FO3 had Tenpenny and Megaton, the Republic of Dave, the Vampires, the Police station up there, the Little kids Camp, etc, underground Army Bunkers, you could go to different parts of the Wasteland and see how different people were surviving (or had attempted to survive) one of my favorite things was going into a place and seeing dead bodies, maybe with guns next to them, maybe with some Dead Ants in front of them. you got to see how a group tried to survive (and fail). or in other cases you go into a building and read on a Computer as someone types that something is happening (sometimes an event before the bombs, sometimes the event of the bombs) and they say something like, im going to go hide in the closet now. and you go into the closet and you find a dead body and a bottle of Whiskey. its things like that that made me really Love FO3. i just didnt get that same stuff with FONV. and if it was there, well as i said before, i just didnt have the desire to explore a place that looked the same before the Nukes as it did after. its a desert. i also didnt like how i could side with the Brotherhood. i know its because NV was more of a throwback to the earlier FO games, but coming from FO3, and having those little side missions with the Brotherhood in NV, i kinda wanted to say, Screw the Rangers, Screw Caesar, im (still) with the Brotherhood! eat Giant Robot. but i couldnt...and also how some people mentioned, the NPCs in NV didnt interest me. i only managed to get a couple (again, didnt wanna explore) but none were as cool as Mr Gusty or Fawkes.

I feel exactly the same way.

FO3 was really awesome, despite its awfull animations and other shortcomings i probably played it a lot more then TES games.

I agree that it had a lot more apocalyptic feeling then NV, all the misery death and dayly fight for survival...i never got that feeling from NV, though i played it a lot and modded it to death, but despite that i never finished it...i couldnt get myself interested like with FO3.

I finished FO3 arround 5-6 times and always had a blast and while i like fantasy, the post-apocalyptic setting really got me.

I dont really believe beth can do that again with FO4 though, or more likely they wont care to add the depth and go with mediocrity, just like with skyrim...ill be happy to be proven wrong though.

offtopic:

Maybe they will get that competition. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/news/982/

Omg thanks jim for that info!

This looks very promising!

Edited by pavy