Official XpGamers YouTube Forum Post

CaptainShack

Howdy!

My Names CaptainShack and I've recently started up my own YouTube channel dedicated to spotlighting Skyrim Mods in

my own unique stylized way. I love the nexus community and really enjoy making these video's. This forum post is a

place where I hope to get Community Feedback on my video's and for mod authors to put in requests to have a video

done in my style. It's also here to show off my video's and hopefully help build an audience that enjoys these video's.

As I post new content, this page will be updated. There are more Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas Videos on my channel.

Examples of my work are above and below. Thanks for Reading and as Always Thanks for Watching! :P

Edited by CaptainShack

I have nothing to say beyond please do not do 99% 'fantasy hot chick' mods. :)

As a matter of fact, I think you should review lesser known mods for the most part. Not things on the 'front page' or 'top 100' or anything. They're popular, which means every is already using them. Give the little guy some attention and your views and the modding community will thank you. :D

Edited by AlexanderJVelicky

I have nothing to say beyond please do not do 99% 'fantasy hot chick' mods. :)

As a matter of fact, I think you should review lesser known mods for the most part. Not things on the 'front page' or 'top 100' or anything. They're popular, which means every is already using them. Give the little guy some attention and your views and the modding community will thank you. :D

Very much this. Finding the *real* gems is what I like to come across. I can appreciate some of the little things. Cater to the audience you prefer. Trying to please everyone won't always do it. I tend to completely skip over anything to do with fantasy chicks, because I'm a lore-kid (or at least logically immersive). I like things that seem like they fit and add to the experience, or change it in a positive way. Of course you should cover the popular one's you're a fan of that makes your game fantastic if you please. But I'd certainly recommend mixing in smaller mods more frequently at least.

Another thing I kind of prefer is a voice to accompany the mod videos, as reading and trying to see the mods displaying at the same time is a conflict of interest in where you want your viewers to be paying attention to.

~my very honest opinion.

I try to mix in new mods that get looked over, or old favorites that never quite made it to the top.

These video's would be my example.

Sadly my current issue is I lack the subscribers to do these hidden Gems justice. They are hidden which means

no one is looking for them, or at there specific nexus page, which means no views or subscribers for me to grow from.

I will continue to mix in new mods,my personal favorites, and the hidden gems I play with as time goes on.

With time I hope to grow my subscribers so I can point out and really direct attention to the "Hidden Gems" of the community.

Well but another possible problem, if you want more views...the text. I like the style, but i could imagine that many people don't bother reading after a few videos (not even talking 'bout people that can't read :biggrin:), sometimes i add mod videos to my playlist and watch them from my couch or i have a video running while i'm surfing - no chance with text only because it would need my full attention. Edited by ghosu