NMM or FOMM?

firsTraveler

96 members have voted

1. 1. FOMM or NMM

• FOMM
    • NMM

FOMM hasn't been updated in an age and a quick look at the comments under the NV version shows how problematic it can be, it's worth keeping around for the tools though.

I tried using NMM to manage the FO3 game I ran last month; I had lots of problems trying to get it to play nice fomm configured mods. An it really seemed to hate mods that only had manual download option. FOMM worked fine (except for FOOK2?) as long as I didn't try to have it log into NEXUS.

I dont like NMM, so I use FOMM only for mods that require it and everything else I install manually or use Wyre.

This. Manual installation FTW, FOMM for load order sorting and tools.

How about BOSS ? ...for load ordering ?

And what tools does FOMM give you that makes installing an unsupported app worth the time/clutter ?

Re-setting up FNV, having to go thru what I want, what is necessary.

And yes, I do manual mod setups, its basicaly a no-brainer and it keeps you intouch with whats in your game directory.

Yeah. Uninstalling something manually can be a, well you know. Still, I think it's worth it for knowing exactly everything about the resources you're putting into the game - where they are and what they are. I thought that you could manually install everything - it's how the game is structured, no?

Manual install is really an option? I guess I can see it for pure texture/mesh replacers, but not for anything else. And uninstalling something manually isn't worth thinking about.

Manual installs is the BEST option, use FOMM/Wyre/NMM for replacers for ease of uninstalling. Everything else should be looked through manually, edited manually, and installed in a way you have complete control over (aka manually, or imo Wyre). This odd fascination of having things automated for you at all times is just so strange to me because people have been modding for many many many years before any of these programs where out, by doing it manually and there for actually having knowledge about mods.

Now when I ask someone to check their texture folders for my mod's unique folders, none of them seem to even know they have a Data folder... :(