Mod Idea: Active Reloading

domanz

Hello all,

who has already played Gears of War knows what I mean: Active Reloading.

Generally it means that the player has to press a certain button/certain buttons in the right moment while the char reloads in order to recieve bonuses like faster reload or increased damage or else.

I just realize how much fun it is and how much it adds to the tension if someone has to reload properly. It also adds to realism since reloading is a female dog while being shot at, you can't just lean back while reloading can you. You need a steady grip an the mag and insert it very properly.

I'm no modder, I've no idea how to do, but if someone out there who knows how to handle a SDK likes my idea I'd be very satisfied.

Cheers.

Why? To make reloading an active process where you don't just watch the fancy animation. Needn't be anything difficult, something like

first press "R": old magazine removed

second press "R": new mag insert

third press "R": pushing bolt backwards

There are several options on how to use such a mod: like no drawback if you don't reload actively, and some bonus (like more damage, increased accuracy or smthg.

OR: you -have- to reload actively because else, if you press "R" just once, you just remove the mag and nothing happens afterwards if you don't press it again.

As you see, a variant of the mod could be made where you experience no difficulties, just bonuses if you reload actively, and for the hardcoregamers, you don't reload at all if you don't do it right.

I hate that auto reload anyway, that's bullshit in IMHO. Totallllly unrealistic and way too easy, you just switch weapons to reload.

Well I guess no one will have enough interest to realize that active reload stuff, but there must be an easy way around that auto reload stuff?

Archived