[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

when do you think this is going to be good & ready?

can't wait!!

Though it could vary (with feature creep and VA work), I'm betting on early to mid-April.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Are you going to add drag body's excellent heavy duster he even made adjustments to the dusters movement so it does not colide with itself

Oh, yeah. :cool:

Have you thought about a delayed start for the NVB mods? Like finding a note to trigger them?

NVBIII will have something along those lines, but its predecessors will not.

The way that NVEC has NVBII begin after NVBI ends seems to work well. The visual improvement which NVEC-NVCE part two mod brings to both Bounties is pretty neat too.

Thank you so much for the Someguy Series.

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement!

I've spent the better part of this week fine-tuning a surprisingly complex sidequest, "The Last Laugh", which involves a bounty on a child-killing clown. Additionally, I've continued my work on Doc Friday, and I find myself continually modifying and polishing the new Legion worldspace, "Canyon Cove".

There is also a distinct possibility that I will implement another, fully-voiced companion (voiced by me) with his own questline. The character would appear at the Short Stick Saloon following the completion of "As a Judgment". I might as well do a reveal:

This is "Russell", a former Desert Ranger turned bounty hunter:

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6859/russell01.jpg

As you may infer, he's got quite a history. I've had a blast writing and designing him so far, and I look forward to sharing the character in the update. Thanks for the support!

Nice. Very excited to see what you do with the heavy duster. Loving it in Dragbody's recent work.

Always enjoy playing through NVBI and NVBII. Actually get a bit sad when I realize I'm about to run out of bounties and quests added by them.

Really looking forward to more. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Cendrigal

Well I'm holding off starting the current NVEC-integrated version and the Inheritance too. Hope the author of NVEC will incorporate the updates into his mod. But can you somehow override the older NVEC version with the new one?

First let me say that your Bounties mods are some of my favorites and I am happy to see that you are adding to them.

I see you mention "evolving" dungeons . I assume that you mean that the dungeon will change depending on what quest stage you are in. I am working on a mod right now that i would really like to do that in. How do you do that? If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

(I think I figured it out. You don't add to the cell , you make the door send you to a new cell with the changes in place. Right? )

Edited by greggorypeccary

Guest deleted2159825

@GMLP,

I don't know - it's still too early to tell (if you're asking about the upcoming patches).

@greggorypeccary,

The "evolving" dungeons system that I'm implementing is a touch different from what you've described. Most of the evolution takes place after the quest has finished. I script in new NPC's and clutter after the player "clears" a dungeon. The next wave of inhabitants can be scripted or random, depending on the setting. The inhabitants may be hostile or benign, depending on the player's actions (e.g., clearing out raiders can pave the way for settlers/prospectors). Typically there are only one or two "evolutions", though select dungeons may undergo more overhauls.

As for the actual technique, there is a parent ref for the original NPC's and decor which is disabled after a few days (or upon quest completion). The next parent ref is then enabled, and a separate script keeps a tally on the number of times the "boss" NPC is killed (not always, but usually). After 3-5 times, that parent ref is disabled/marked for delete, and the next parent ref is then enabled. This can lead to a confusing cluster of references in the editor, so in extreme cases I will change out the door (make sure to add a condition that the player not be in the cell when the switch occurs - learned that from Dawnguard), and just load a fresh cell. I hope that answers your question. PM if you have more questions - good luck with the mod!

Edited by someguy2000

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. And I have to say again that I really liked your Bounties mod. They were some of the mods that inspired me to give it a shot. Edited by greggorypeccary