Breezehome Firepit Off the floor?

ramakgaming

I want to request just removing the Firepit in Breezehome, and putting a Fireplace inside the wall - instead of the way it is now. No other changes. But it must be fully working, and compatible with Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn - it seems a lot of folks are having a hard time getting their Breezehome mods working with Hearthfire without problems, there just has to be someone out there that can do it - but only making a subtle change. It doesn't need to be all decked out with crazy stuff.

I just find it immersion breaking to have a fire pit on the floor. I find when I'm roleplaying, I think about "What if my character, or my followers fall into the firepit and die." - for immersion, it makes no sense to have a firepit in the middle of your living room, in fact the heat would burn rugs and other stuff if it's anywhere near by, it's just a hazard waiting to happen (if it was real - and roleplaying is meant to make you go into character and when you do that, it's as if it is real).

I know there are mods that do this, but they don't do JUST that. I don't know how to do it myself, otherwise I wouldn't be requesting.

I hope someone can do it, thank you.

Shouldn't be hard to do. Where do you want the fireplace to be instead? I could make the dining table smaller and put the fireplace where those useless boxes are right now. What do you think about it?

Do you also want the table and the 2 chairs in front of it to be moved?

Edited by Ghaunadaur

Hi there. I'm not a modder, but I was getting ready to post this same request, so I just wanted to say thanks, and I hope someone comes along who is interested in doing this! :)

Tracy

You're welcome, Tracy. I really hope this gets made.

Shouldn't be hard to do. Where do you want the fireplace to be instead? I could make the dining table smaller and put the fireplace where those useless boxes are right now. What do you think about it?

Do you also want the table and the 2 chairs in front of it to be moved?

Thank you for the reply.

Basically I would like to have the fireplace in the wall - to the right - as soon as you come into Breezehome, to the right of where the Firepit usually is. The chairs don't need to be moved, maybe you can put a rug in the place of where the Firepit is, so that it doesn't feel empty there.

That's really all Breezehome needs in my opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean by useless boxes. When I have Breezehome, I do not have any useless boxes anywhere - those are usually there when you have not bought the home, and instead used the console to get into it - which also leaves cobwebs.

Edited by ramakgaming

I'm not sure what you mean by useless boxes.

Well, I meant the large box between the end of the dining table and the wall. You're right, it's just one box.

Basically I would like to have the fireplace in the wall - to the right - as soon as you come into Breezehome, to the right of where the Firepit usually is.

That would mean to move the bookshelf. In fact it would be better to disable the bookshelf and place another somewhere else. That's all doable.

So here it is: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30241.

Before installing, the books should be removed from the bookshelf next to the fire. Hearthfire is not a requirement, but it's compatible with it. If there's something that should be changed or corrected, please leave a comment. :)

Thank you, it looks great, I don't see anything that needs changed.

It seems rather perfect.

I am going to give it a try as soon as I can. It's fantastic that Hearthfire is compatible - a lot of mods end up having trouble with it. If I have any problems, I'll let you know in the comments of the mod. Thank you again. I appreciate this a lot.