Skyrim SE goes permanent black screen after loading save by myself or after dying.

Zekthros

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately so far I have not discovered throughout the entire internet a solution to the problem, the only thing I managed to detect is that it is not exactly the mods of followers that cause this, in my case the fishery is what causes, I'm almost giving up anyversary edition. i play a version off steam and do not even know if I will install the SE again because the vortex give me a lot of trouble. in short... BUMP

• 9 months later...

I think I found a solution that works for me, though I am not sure how broadly applicable it might be. I use SSE Display Tweaks and had this issue when I enabled the dynamic papyrus update budget, I disabled that and I waited in the main menu for the theme music to play once before loading a save that previously consistently loaded to a permanent black screen and it loaded successfully. I know it is frustrating to wait for more loading after the game supposedly loads, but I think this is a fix for me at least. I have a heavy load order with many script heavy mods, so perhaps this is some background tasks going on to explain why this happens.

• 3 months later...