Deadly Reflex in the Wasteland

linehand

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely loved Deadly Reflexes in Oblivion; It was the best mod on my list. Whilst it has suffered a retrenchment in Fallout 3, due to the fact that decapitations are no longer such a big stretch, and with the fact that there are no horses to ride around and cast spells on, nor are there any shields to bash with and - Wait. Back up.

Deadly Reflexes was a great and needed mod for Oblivion. But now it's just not needed... It would serve no purpose other than to be a place-holder on FOMM's list. Only dodging is required, which can be done away from Deadly Reflexes. Breaking necks and slitting throats.. it's already here.

Perhaps, just a dodging mod would do. That's all that's needed now. Some way to maneuver about the field quickly without getting your head blown off by a Talon Merc. xD.

Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking, TGBlank. V.A.T.S does not have the capability to facilitate movement. Or, at least, controllable movement.

Dodging/acrobatics is all that's needed, really. The rest is already there and available, such as the bullet time mod you suggested. Google searches can bring up a few results for bullet time, too, but nothing on dodging/acrobatics.

• 1 month later...

I've been combing the forums for a while looking for animation upgrades and mods, doesn't seem like there is many modders out there that can do it. Bethesda should have a demo out for WET pretty soon, wonder if anyone can pick it apart for some animations. Since the whole game is pretty much one big run and gun hack n slash bullet time bonanza. I was a bit surprised to see some gameplay for WET since Bethesda has never been very strong in the animation department. Maybe some of the upcoming DLC's devs with catch on and add some of that into FO3.

But I do agree with Kusumra any sort of dodge/roll or quick step move would be a improvement over what we have now. Even if someone makes a half assed atempt it would be a start and someone could pick it up. Animations are however out of my skillset and timeframe atm.

Make a mod similar to deadly reflex is a problem, that genius that is Skycaptain worked for months on scripts to make them work, and it is very hard to understand what each script does, I am a scripter myself but when I tried to look at Deadly Reflex script my brain exploded, there were a ton of scripts with a ton of variables and globals.

Anyone who wish to get involved in this mod should STUDY for days the scripts to understand what they do and then start to make them for fallout.

Or you could buy a copy of Fallout for Skycaptain and wait until he imports his mod :biggrin:

• 2 years later...