High Texture Mods vs. my new PC

CyberKraken

I can say that I've never heard of the graphics card, what led you to pick that one? it has a good chunk of memory, but just to look a the card looks flimsy, and I've had radeon cards die within 3 months of purchasing them on more then one occasion. Sometimes going for the 'biggest numbers for your money' can be a bad idea, but you never know, all cards are different.

Me personally, if I am buying one in the ~$200 range, I would go for an Nvidia every time, especially if I am buying for skyrim. The one I purchased is HUGE but it outpowers cards around twice it's price. I spent about $1,100.00 on my computer (excluding the monitor/keyboard/mouse, which was about another $350.00) and I've seen $2,000.00 systems that don't do much better then mine besides faster file transfers. And I mean, who really wants to pay $200 more to have files transfer 30% faster?

I can tell you this much about your system though.

Processor - Big enough, hands down, anything bigger is just wasted space, you may seem some slight improvement and speed boosts, but it's just not worth unless you are doing something MORE taxing then gaming.

Ram - more then enough for most games, skyrim has a ram ceiling of 4gs I think, so 8 is more then enough, unless you are planning on doing music production. I can say however, that if the asrock motherboard is anything like mine, you'd be MUCH better off getting two sticks of ram then one, REGARDLESS of the size, I know I was informed by a rather experienced computer 'mechanic' that motherboards like mine live almost twice as long and are twice as effective if they have two sticks of ram in them for some reason. I don't know if just the fact that they are both Asrock means they are the same though, I know mine is a different model.

Also, what size hard drive do you have? This makes a difference, as the free space in your hard drive essentially makes your computer run faster (If you've ever loaded a hard drive full you'll see this often overlocked thing become VERY obvious) I got a 1tb hard drive and it's already approaching half full and I've only owned it for about.... 3 months?

And to anyone looking to buy a computer NEVEREVEREVEREVEREVER buy a pre-built gaming computer, even a $3,000.00 alien-ware is going to be bested by a $1,200.00 custom built computer every single time.

Use this to build your computer, hands down, the best, easiest, most user friendly way of picking every tiny detail of your computer and making sure it will work together! it even tells you if you make incompatible choices! I spent WEEKS using this site before deciding on my final build, and I only made 2 minor changes from the build I picked on this site, and that was so I could order all my parts from newegg. In my opinion the best sight for ordering computer parts, I received all my parts within 2 days of each other FAST, and they all worke dout of the box the first time, and have ever since!

http://pcpartpicker.com/

You can even lnk people to your builds, they can make changes to it, and link it back to you! It's just awesome! I passed around my build list to probably 2 dozen people alltogether, every tiny bit of input counts!!

OOOHH, and ALWAYS go with windows 7 64bit!! 32bit has weird memory glitches and doesn't use past like, 4gigs, and windows 8 is AWFUL. :thumbsup:

well the graphic card was an idea from one of my student friends, he got a similar one a said that it would be completely ok to use that one...if u look at the price of a geforce with this attitudes u just find even more expensive ones.

so i decided to buy this one and i hope or i think that it would be completely enough ^^

well my other systems hm... i gonna boot the system (windows 7 or 8 don´t know yet) on a SSD with 128 GB and the Games like sykrim and so on a going to run from a 1TB harddrive with a speed of 7200...well than im going to use a freezer^^of course and yeah

i think that should be enough

or do u think that there might be some disadvantages with the graphic card i´m using?

AND to the other guys who are looking for new pc! Follow the advice of ArtMurder :D is completely right what he just said ;) a self constructed and designed pc is almost better than a complete system ;)

ah and sry for my english sometimes :D im from germany so hope its not to annoying ;)

well the graphic card was an idea from one of my student friends, he got a similar one a said that it would be completely ok to use that one...if u look at the price of a geforce with this attitudes u just find even more expensive ones.

so i decided to buy this one and i hope or i think that it would be completely enough ^^

well my other systems hm... i gonna boot the system (windows 7 or 8 don´t know yet) on a SSD with 128 GB and the Games like sykrim and so on a going to run from a 1TB harddrive with a speed of 7200...well than im going to use a freezer^^of course and yeah

or do u think that there might be some disadvantages with the graphic card i´m using?

AND to the other guys who are looking for new pc! Follow the advice of ArtMurder :D is completely right what he just said ;) a self constructed and designed pc is almost better than a complete system ;)

ah and sry for my english sometimes :D im from germany so hope its not to annoying ;)

I wouldn't listen to the guy above, I don't think he really knows what he's talking about. 32 bit OSes only using 4GB of RAM a glitch!? LOL, thanks, for the laugh...

That graphics card is great and for Skyrim, I would definitely recommend it over a Nivdia card (unless you want to spend even more money on it). The extra VRAM of the 7950 will really help with mods and the Gigabyte card has good cooling, just make sure it will fit in your case, though! The extra fans it has will keep it nice and cool, but they also make it longer than a reference card. Don't worry, you made a good choice. I would put Skyrim on your SSD, though, it won't help FPS, but it will greatly improve loading times.

Anyway, the specs you listed are great, but just so you know, the Z77 mobo you listed supports overclocking, but you have a locked (non-k) CPU, so you can't use that feature. That's fine if you don't want it, though. I personally have the ASRock Z75 Pro 3 (almost the exact same mobo, just a slightly different chipset) and I really like it. Also, if you want to save some money, consider only 8GB of RAM, it's totally up to you, but gaming alone can't use 16GB. What PSU are you going to get? Don't skimp on that part when the rest of your build has really quality parts.

I say you did a good job picking parts. Gute Arbeit!

I wouldn't listen to the guy above, I don't think he really knows what he's talking about. 32 bit OSes only using 4GB of RAM a glitch!? LOL, thanks, for the laugh...

That graphics card is great and for Skyrim, I would definitely recommend it over a Nivdia card (unless you want to spend even more money on it). The extra VRAM of the 7950 will really help with mods and the Gigabyte card has good cooling, just make sure it will fit in your case, though! The extra fans it has will keep it nice and cool, but they also make it longer than a reference card. Don't worry, you made a good choice. I would put Skyrim on your SSD, though, it won't help FPS, but it will greatly improve loading times.

Anyway, the specs you listed are great, but just so you know, the Z77 mobo you listed supports overclocking, but you have a locked (non-k) CPU, so you can't use that feature. That's fine if you don't want it, though. I personally have the ASRock Z75 Pro 3 (almost the exact same mobo, just a slightly different chipset) and I really like it. Also, if you want to save some money, consider only 8GB of RAM, it's totally up to you, but gaming alone can't use 16GB. What PSU are you going to get? Don't skimp on that part when the rest of your build has really quality parts.

so u mean i should install skyrim on the ssd too? and what about the mods? if im going to run a lot of them at the same time they might need a whole lot of space,

or could i install the mods on the 1tb hard drive?

and what do u mean with PSU?

and thanks for the reply :D it really motivates me ^^

so u mean i should install skyrim on the ssd too? and what about the mods? if im going to run a lot of them at the same time they might need a whole lot of space,

or could i install the mods on the 1tb hard drive?

and what do u mean with PSU?

and thanks for the reply :D it really motivates me ^^

Hmm, yes, but I see the issue with that. The mods would have to go on the SSD, too, and that's going to take up a lot of space. Well, it's not a big deal because you can move Skyrim at any time and you might find that it loads fast enough without being on the SSD.

Ah, sorry, the PSU is a Power Supply Unit. It's basically a box with a cord on one end that goes to your power outlet and cables on the other end that go to all your components. But it's very important, so you want to make sure that you have a good one.

Also, make sure that your case has good cable management and airflow. I made the mistake of over looking cable management and now have cables all over the place in my case, which not only looks bad, but can make your whole system run hotter than it needs to.

No problem, happy to help!

well my PSU waittttt a moment :D

600 Watt be quiet! Power 7 Non-Modular 80+ Silver

i think u mean that one, didn´t you?

and the case has got a case ordering ...ehm....something :D

and i also got a Arctic Cooling Arctic Freezer 13 Pro

i think that should be enough ;)

well my PSU waittttt a moment :D

600 Watt be quiet! Power 7 Non-Modular 80+ Silver

i think u mean that one, didn´t you?

and the case has got a case ordering ...ehm....something :D

and i also got a Arctic Cooling Arctic Freezer 13 Pro

i think that should be enough ;)

Yep! That's your PSU. I don't know much about Be Quiet as they seem to be targeted towards the European market and I'm from the US. However, the reviews for it seem good and 80+ Silver is a very good rating. Also, 600 watts will be plenty for an i5 and a 7950, it wouldn't be enough if you wanted to Crossfire your 7950 with a second one, though (but don't worry, your mobo can't Crosssfire 7950s anyway). Only real issue I can find is it being non-modular, that won't effect your system performance, but it is very nice to have when you're building (there aren't a bunch of extra cables getting in your way). So, everything looks good there!