High Texture Mods vs. my new PC

CyberKraken

hey hey hey,

im gonna buy me a new pc and i would like to know if the following hardware is good enough for playing Skyrim with very good texture/ graphic and so on...

so here are my components:

CPU:

Intel Core i5 3470 4x 3.20GHz So.1155 BOX

RAM:

8GB G.Skill SNIPER DDR3-1866 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

Graficcard:

3072MB Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 WindForce 3X Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)

Mainboard:

ASRock Z77Pro3 Intel Z77 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

Well i think thats everything u need to know. So please help me^^

thanks for your further informations^^

and have a nice day guys ;)

Hi,

well i suppose it's a good PC, i have one like yours and i run everything on ultra + ENB and various HD re textures.

Here are my spec:

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

RAM 16,0 GB Canale Doppio DDR3 @ 665 MHz

MSI P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

hey hey hey can anybody answer my question more detailed :D pleeeeeeeeeaase guys :D i wanna buy this pc and don´t wanna make a mistake buying the wrong hardware :D Edited by CyberKraken

hey hey hey can anybody answer my question more detailed pleeeeeeeeeaase guys i wanna buy this pc and don´t wanna make a mistake buying the wrong hardware

Then we need more information from you please...

What resolution and anti aliasing do you intend to run Skyrim at? What frames per second do you target? Which texture packs are you considering? Which size textures are you wanting to go up to - 1k, 2k. 4, or 8k? Do you want just the environment textures improving or are you intent on completely replacing most Skyrim textures? Shall you be running ENBseries? What other mods are you planning on using - city overhauls, environmental overhauls (trees, flora etc). quest mods etc.?

My pc is rather old now so I have no idea how your planned pc will run Skyrim, but as Mega7ron has already stated, your specification will probably be ok.

hey hey hey can anybody answer my question more detailed pleeeeeeeeeaase guys i wanna buy this pc and don´t wanna make a mistake buying the wrong hardware

Then we need more information from you please...

What resolution and anti aliasing do you intend to run Skyrim at? What frames per second do you target? Which texture packs are you considering? Which size textures are you wanting to go up to - 1k, 2k. 4, or 8k? Do you want just the environment textures improving or are you intent on completely replacing most Skyrim textures? Shall you be running ENBseries? What other mods are you planning on using - city overhauls, environmental overhauls (trees, flora etc). quest mods etc.?

My pc is rather old now so I have no idea how your planned pc will run Skyrim, but as Mega7ron has already stated, your specification will probably be ok.

ehm let me think,

i´m going to run such mods the first time. i´ve never played games with mods befor but it´s my aim to play skyrim with a hole band width of new textures like u said i would like to have especially environmental texture pacs but also city overhauls and enhancements.... but i got one question: what means the size of textures?(1k,2k,4k,8k?) i didn´t get this part but yeah..i nearly want to improve as much as i can from my character over environment city´s houses and so on.

thanks for u´r reply by the way ^^

Not to far off from my RIG, and my computer nas never left anything to be desired. I play skyrim on ultrahigh, I have over 35 gigs in mods installed, mostly texture mods, I use CoT and an ENB, and have almost no lag. I can also play metro 2033 on the highest settings with no lag,

Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz Quad Core

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Motherboard: ASRock B75M-GL LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s

Graphics Card: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI

I an sat though, that the ASRock motherboard is the weak point of my machine, I wish I had spent a bit more on it and a bit less on my keyboard/mouse/monitor.

Wow okay than i think im going to buy this hardware^^

Thank u all very much guys ;)

And have a nice day^^

I'd like to point out for mine though, my graphics card is a beast, costing even more then my processor. :tongue: That's were most of my gaming power comes from.