[LE] Using Hearthfires Workbenches To Add New Items

Allannaa

I'm about to scream. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your instructions. I still get the BYOH model and it still has the wrong crap with it. *sigh* Email incoming -- maybe you can dissect it and discover what I've messed up. My stuff's easy to find; it's always prefixed with "Alla"

I'm not sure how hearthfires does it. But since you are re-using the HF script on your crafted object, you need to follow the Hearthfires naming scheme. The ID property value matches the Part# in the name of the object itself. That has to be part of the trick. I can't make sense of it. But that might explain why you are still getting the stock stuff showing up.

For your mass build of multiple groupings, you can use the HF stuff as you are just building the stock stuff only more options at one time.

For your modified variants do not use the HF scripts directly.

Create your crafted object recipe and the object that it creates.

Place the disabled objects pre-placed and link them to a disabled xMarker as an enable state parent.

Condition your recipe so that it shows only when the player does not have your variant or the stock variant.

Modify the stock recipe to include a condition for the player to not have your variant.

Now we have to get your pre-placed variant to show up.

On the object that your recipe creates add the following script:

Scriptname alla_BYOH_InteriorScript extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference Property myXMarker Auto

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
    If akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer() && akOldContainer == None
        myXMarker.Enable()
    EndIf
EndEvent

This will enable your stuff. Be sure to fill the property with the xMarker placed earlier.

Create a keyword unique to your object add it to your recipe as the workbench keyword and add the keyword to the workbench you want it to appear at.

Add your created object to the formlist assigned to the ItemList property on the BYOHHouseCraftingTriggerScript associated with the workbench you are using (this will move the item in and out of the player inventory as necessary for crafting). I know there are four formlists on that script, but you only need to add to the one.

And that should do it... as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure how hearthfires does it. But since you are re-using the HF script on your crafted object, you need to follow the Hearthfires naming scheme. The ID property value matches the Part# in the name of the object itself. That has to be part of the trick. I can't make sense of it. But that might explain why you are still getting the stock stuff showing up.

Okay, I feel better. If a modder as experienced as you are feels that way, I no longer feel as dumb as a rock.

I'm going to give your instructions a try now, though with my slow computer, we both know how long that'll take.

Thanks!