Old modder coming back after a long hiatus

Hey, guys, Vincent here. Some of you guys might know me, some of you might night. I'm coming back to Skyrim modding after a long hiatus and I'm going to be updating all of my Skyrim mods BUT I need a little help. I've been searching around for tutorials on the CK and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial that tells me a little more about factions, how they function and how to create new ones. Allow me to elaborate:

I'm currently working on updating my Accessible Vendor Chest mod and what I'd like to do is create a new faction of NPCs that guard the shops while they're closed so they'd have to be allied with the shopkeeper faction. Up until now that mod had regular City Guards in the shops acting as guards since their AI is similar to how I would like to have the shop guards but the problem with that is after you finish the Civil War quest line the guards in the shops that were allied with the losing faction will now attack the player and other NPCs in the shop and well, we just can't have that. Also, any tutorials about how to make randomly generated NPCs (similar to how Guards, Bandits and Mercenaries are generated) would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome back :)

I don't know exactly how your mod works but here are some basic ideas:

If your guards are still in any CW factions or crime factions related to Imperials or Sons (eg. CWSonsFaction, CrimeFactionImperial, etc.), try removing those factions from them. Afaik, the Civil War quest script checks for these factions when the war ends, but I'm not entirely sure.

Additionally you could create a new faction for your guards and make it allied with the JobMerchantFaction. Also, set your chest references' ownership to this faction.