Star wars/gate mods

MandalorianJedi1

yeah there already bits and pieces floating around, if u search "Nippys" version 3 has a light and dark side robe, not really anything you've seen in star wars before but it beats running around with a saber and a 101 jumpsuit... lol.

Crashed star wars ships wont be a problem.

LHammonds = is that mod that started for Morrowind? because i thought LA put an end to it, as they do any major star wars mods.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought about something for the crashed ship, if it is one of the imperial/republic ships with a large bridge tower (ISD, victory, venator, Acclamator, ect.) then build not just the exterior in a wasteland cell but part of the interior too. Have the bridge as your main control room for wasteland battles with several other rooms underground in a new cell including the armory where you get most of the items, capitan's quarters, infantry with a med droid, barracks, droid bay, infirmiry, reactor control chamber, and mess hall where you can get star wars food that has no rads like imperial rations. Would come with a quest that requires you to reactivate the ships main reactor after discovering the true nature of the ship via hologram (use a man in the imperial uniform as a ghost) or an active damaged protocal droid. Then you have to find the capitans quarters and take his uniform and control card as well as the card of the first mate in the barracks then reactivate the ship which then sets super battle droids walking around as ship security, activates the med droid (which works like Wadswort the butler but can heal everything) and activates 4 turbolasers on the tower that work like invincible sentryguns that shoot the equivalent of a line of sight blaster version of a fat man nuke. Several windows around the tower have been blown out enabling you to shoot out of them. Every once in a while a butt load of talon mercs and robots will try to assault the ship and take it from you, you can send out SBDs to kill them, use you ships active guns, or do it yourself through the windows or on foot (can send out the SBDs and join them as well). SBDs would have the health of a deathclaw and fire powerful shots but move very slow.

Probably a little to in depth but provided someone could build all the stuff it would ROCK.

This is freaking' sweet Star wars is my favorite having storm, original clone, Darth Vader's clone (before storm troopers), sith normal and commando (from KOTOR) trooper armor D. Vader with the breathing sounds (impossible to sneak but amazing armor) jedi/ sith robes and a customizable saber (use workbench to change colour) would be amazing.

This is freaking' sweet Star wars is my favorite having storm, Jango Fett's clones (before storm troopers), sith normal and commando (from KOTOR) trooper armor D. Vader with the breathing sounds (impossible to sneak but amazing armor) jedi/ sith robes and a customizable saber (use workbench to change colour) would be amazing.

Fixed. Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) was never cloned, not even once. Jango Fett was the host of all clone wars clones until the last bit's of the clone wars when the seperatist created a virus that killed only those with Jango Fett's DNA, while Jango's DNA was still used for the bulk of the clones the republic started producing clones of other gifted soldiers which other than conscription is the reason the imperial troops are not just Jango clones. Jango's dna is as far as I know still used to create clones for use as stormtroopers along with many other genetic hosts.

Darth Vader's suit would be awesome. The sith armor rocked like a box full of glocks and was the ONLY armor I ever used. My bet is the saber would have to have some sort of script to swap models based on what you do for color selection, sounds complicated to me but then again I could barely script my way out of a virtual cardboard box.

I think he means the Clones in episode 3, specifically those of the 501st, as in Darth Vader's Clone Troopers, note he also mentioned original Clones (episode 2).

the only real difference between clone troopers in episode 2 and those in episode 3 is the helmet and colouration, so the phase 2 or MKIV clone helmet would be about the only thing different, with the 501st colouration scheme being just a skin and would not effect the protection rating, clone trooper armour would be somewhat restrictive, so your agility rating would go down and be harder to sneak with, the episode 2 clone helmet would increase perception by 1, while the episode 3 helmet would by 2

Stormtrooper armour would have maybe 1 point difference protection wise, slightly less, but allow you to sneak much easier, have extra rad resistance, and more agility, also the helmet would add 3 perception as well.

Scout Trooper armour has FAR less protection, by multiple points, but does not restrict movement or impede stealth, the helmet gives a whopping 4 extra perception due to the built in macrobinoculars

Mandalorian armour shouldn't have as much protection as clone, it is stated that troops wearing clone trooper armour, and the later stormtrooper armour, could walk through forcefields that would block or incinerate someone wearing Mando.

is that mod that started for Morrowind? because i thought LA put an end to it, as they do any major star wars mods.
Not the same one. This mod had permission to be released so there is no worries about a shutdown.

Ghogiel created many models for star wars and here are some of them in his photo gallery. He created Oblivion-ready versions and is converting them for use in Fallout 3 since it is a more friendly game engine for a star wars mod.

LHammonds

• 2 weeks later...
is that mod that started for Morrowind? because i thought LA put an end to it, as they do any major star wars mods.

such as? I can think of two major star wars mods that were never shut down off the top of my head.

Galactic Conquest and First Strike.

there are also tons of other star wars mods all over the place, but the main reason I've seen major star wars mods shut down is due to the modders losing interest in the project since it's takes so long.

the stormtrooper helmets in that link just looked terrible, they were just too badly malformed, and the green eye lenses were only for the stunt helmets as I recall.

anyhow, a great mesh and texture to use exists as the Hapslash improved stormtrooper/sandtroopers for Jedi Academy, they look really nice and would not look bad in fallout 3, especially the Sandtrooper, which not only has a nicely detailed texture but it also fits the "wasteland" look best.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/Perionterix/down5.gif

*image fixed*

the helmet here is possibly the best video game stormtrooper helmet i've ever seen, far better than the oblivion one, which had some errors in it such as the single black spot right on the back of the helmet at the top, while it's supposed to have two and not directly in the middle rear and was, like most game stormtrooper helmets, malformed.

the mesh is in glm format though, not sure how to get that working proper for Fallout 3, especially for setting up the dismemberment, though Jedi Academy had MORE dismemberment than fallout 3 does, such as taking off hands, forearms and chest/abdomen, the dismemberment was always non-gorey, due to the whole cauterizing effect of sabers, so having the more gory effects in fallout 3 would be interesting, though I doubt the head explosion would make much sense, considering how durable the plates of the armour is against projectile weaponry, so maybe just the severing effect if it's possible to change the death effects depending on what armour is being worn.

I think the hardest part is incorporating the Pipboy into it though.