Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I became a premium member, I chose to do so instead of renewing Xbox live. As long as I can afford it, I plan on renewing with a yearly fee instead of opting for lifetime. I love your work and I hope our combined contributions in both content and funds can make it thrive!

I wonder what kind of insanity Fallout 4 will bring here... :3

You know I am sure that this has been mentioned before, but you almost should consider setting up a donation thing for this site. I know that you have the Premium memberships but for those, like me, who picked up the lifetime membership it would be nice to have the option to kick in a little extra money every once in a while when it is available.li

In an ideal world Zenimax or Bethesda would contribute to the upkeep of the Nexus. If anyone from Zenimax or Bethesda is reading, then maybe this is something that's needs to be considered.

Well I don't know about other members, but the reason I don't get angry when the sites have issues is because I'm not paying a constant ridiculous fee. I paid a one time fee, that has gotten me premium access for life. I don't need to b&@*$ or complain because I'm not throwing money at the websites every month, so I expect the service to not be 100% full proof. I can tell you right now that I rage and swear my head off everytime a maintenance date occurs during my playtime on SWTOR for example, because I pay a sub fee every month and thus expect results. The membership system here is great and makes you feel relaxed as a member, I love it.

If I may make a few suggestions. It sounds like you need at least one dedicated community support technician. Someone devoted purely to sorting out support issues, bug problems etc, and you need a method to deliver those bug reports better then leaving comments on an article. I'd suggest making a very simple form, with only the bare bones requirement of information, that lets people report bug issues on the website. Nothing to complicated mind you, just something like "Mod Name", "Bug Type" and "Explanation". Dates and everything can be set by database tickets.

Your movement to a new cluster is a shame. I don't suppose you can clone the drives for the skyrim nexus server over the course of a week, and then do all the transferring to the new cluster on a completely external network, thus eliminating the chance of issues with the cluster setup causing problems with the rest of the network? While allowing the original skyrim nexus to truck along till the cluster is ready? Once you've tested the cluster and are sure it will work, take down the site for a day, do another clone of the skryim nexus drives, and move them again to the new cluster in one day, then pull the cluster online.

It may be a bit problematic, but it will reduce running costs if you can just switch over to the cluster while removing the devices handling the current skyrim nexus. You'll obviously need to take down the skyrim nexus website at some point for a day to prevent inconsistencies appearing in the two databases.

@jjc71: Why would they? They opted to using Steam and Steam Workshop. Nexus is great, but Zenimax already tossed their chips in with Valve.

Usually happens on Sunday evenings/nights for me. But I don't complain, figure they have to do maintenance sometime. I just bought me membership after reading this. Keep up the awesome work and thank you providing a place for artistic freedom free of corporate greed!

*O^O* I understood all that you wrote. I am having trouble trying to offer any kindred, wise, or kind stuff to say. Although...I like the magic skills with technology you have devised. :- )

Forgive me if I have ever offended you, with anything I may have thought was wisdom that I thought and suggested because I just felt I had to offer it, even in the slightest.

I'm probably the most novice modder out there. I click download and pray my game doesn't crash because I feel I barely know what I'm doing.

The thing rolling around in the back of my brain when using your site never came to the forefront until now, but that thing was a huge question mark. Why are my retina's not getting attacked by a million ads? Why is it that the only thing I can find on this website is being helped? Why is this group of people not selling out?

People don't do things like this anymore. We destroy entire countries and make others around us suffer for greed. Turn the news on for a few minutes and you'll know what I'm talking about. Remember when facebook or youtube was fun? These new generation kids have no idea what they're missing!

Just wanted to say thanks for providing the all hard work because everyone has enjoyed it. I certainly have.

-StrygwyrBS