Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

Great idea with the server clustering, although I have only been with the nexus site for about a year now, I've been modding since Morrowind came out while I was in High school. I look forward to watching this site and community grow and working on my graphic design and modding skills. As always thank you and the staff of Nexus for everything you do for this community.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin and all your team do an amazing job with this site. I have only ever modded skyrim and new to modding generally but found your site to be quite incredible, fascinating and made this game an even better experience and so much fun. Yes I have had to read up and check out a lot of stuff and yes I have had the odd CTD's but that all part of the fun.. getting this game just how I (or you) want it to be.

Awesome is the common way to say it but you guys deserve it and having read your blog and your associated ethos I decided to sign up as a lifetime member (and stakeholder) to show my support.

Yeah, I won't lie, this was easily one of the more interesting reads of anything I've recently come across. Right up there with the discovery of quadruple helix DNA this week =P One, I think you've honestly just inadvertently sold me on the idea of paying for premium, simply because I can see the love that goes into this site and I want to support that. Keep up the amazing passion you have for us out here, and I, for one, will work to support you as well.

What about your CMS software. Could there be any optimizations in that field ? Some CMS systems are particularly nasty. I suppose that database access is the bottleneck, rather than web server ?

Perhaps a reasonable software investment might save you more money spent on hardware ?

I love your Blog pieces of incite and future perspectives, and greatly appreciate your dedication to the community ("us" if i may).

Keep at it and good luck.

DISCLAIMER

Any of what follows isn't a threat or menace of any kind jadajadajada.

P.S.: While only half joking and being aware of this suggestions morbidity, I urge you to consider making your testament if you haven't yet done so. I would hate to see the Nexus die with you, call me selfish ^^'.

sincerely,

"us"?

Is all this running on physical machines? Would your infrastructure lend itself to being placed on virtual servers, you can easily build additional servers when you want them, remove them when you dont, setup test environments quickly, get clustering, fault tolerance and easy backup + use less hardware. I expect you are there already, but just thought I'd chip in. Keep up the good work.