Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

I just would like to let you know that I really appreciate what you do here. I had quit playing WoW shortly after it had a major cataclysmic event and everything that was old was still just as old again. But I was a whorde for mods and playing vanilla console games only kept my attention so long. I had purchased Skyrim for the X360 and while searching for some information on a quest I was on, I found a link to the nexus, (picture huge heavenly gates opening here) I was hooked! I knew I had to make an alliance with it. It wasn't until after your post about the sneak attack of the "Dawnguard" release and how the servers went "PARP" that I decided to go lifetime premium.

Please forgive my lame mmorpg jokes, I just really wanted to say keep up the great work and cheers to you!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to you for resisting the call of outside investors. I have seen several successful small businesses lose their souls by taking on shareholders. And most of the time, once they have lost their souls, the things that made them successful are left by the wayside, and they eventually go under. Personally, I think that if you must do one or the other, upping your advertizement income is preferable to outside investment. You can always drop an ad contract, but a board of directors is a permanent shackle (and they will never care about us, the way you obviously do). But kudos to you again, for running an efficient ship and staying real.

And thanks for sharing this level of detail so openly with us, the users. This is the secret ingredient that most gaming sites cannot comprehend; many of us are not children, some of us quite far from it, and it is refreshing to be treated as adults. We come back to places like this, because we feel at home.

I don't even have a pc that can play games yet and I still visit this site almost everyday. I cannot wait for the day when I can finally get an advanced PC and begin downloading mods. One of the first things I'm going to do when I get a new PC is become a premium member. No doubt!

I actually find everything in the server clusters idea very interesting, and if it helps the stability and performance of this site, then hell yes!! I love this site now that I've gotten more interested in mods for bethesda's TES series, and this place just makes it so easy to find new mods to compliment my game.

On a side note, ever considered adding in an advertisment tag that modders could stick into their mod description somewhere to help with the money issues? Like an ad banner seperating the description from the change log / release notes? Just a thought!

It's good to know that there are still some people out there that keep their integrity intact and that don't just walk away as soon as they are successful.

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even bothered to check how much the premium membership costs, mostly because of the ripoffs that I saw on other websites in the past, but I'm actually motivated to help, not to mention that there's an option for every pocket out there.

I'll get my salary at the start of february and I'll make sure to help out. Until then however, you could use a bit more diversity regarding the payment options, hehe.

I appreciate the effort y'all are doing, Nexus is my home on the net, lol! Since my disability from MS has me retired at 42, I'm full time Skyrim now so I really get alot of use from Nexus modding my new world that my new self lives in, and I thank you for that! May be we can donate to Nexus like we can to modders? Thanks again

'IF'i only have a big amount of money, i would donate to nexus without any second thoughts... i love nexus, so why not?

since i'm still a student, maybe it can wait.. :)

Edited by Loshirai14

It's really cool to see such a small group of you guys work so hard on making this site what it is and without the back up you could easily take. The Nexus Mods site is newer to me than some of the old timers here, but I can't imagine my gaming experience without it.

Your plans for the near future, even though I'm not familiar with the whole process of exactly how things run to make this site as successful as it is, sounds pretty sweet. I really can say I'm psyched too to see how it all works out.

It may not be much coming from the guy who comes in and just enjoys all the work from you guys and the artists that share, but I do appreciate it. Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Edited by Trickysocks

Dark0ne, you and your team are utterly alien in a world of corporate greed and corruption. After reading your blog, coming from a true enthusiast, I knew that I had to help in the only way I know how - become a Lifetime subscriber. I was already previously a Premium member, but that was not enough. If I were any more talented with programming (my basic knowledge of C, Java, HTML, and various engineering/animation programs), I would offer those services, but they would be lackluster, at best. The Nexus is unlike anything else on the web. Whatever help you might need, I offer my help freely. If you ever rise to such grandiose stature that you have your own privJet (or Sikorsky helicopter - my current gig), you can certainly call on me to be your personal Maintenance operator - I'm a fully licensed FAA A&P mechanic and FCC technician :) Cheers to all the success and triumph over all the hurdles in the past, and look forward to even greater feats and excitement in the future!

The Nexus is far and away my favorite modding site. Having such easy access to all this content with no BS or censorship is wonderful. Integrating NMM into the site is just about the coolest thing ever, and the latest version makes life so much easier for mod nuts like myself. Finally I can stop prefixing all my mods with [ARMOR] and [TEXTURE] and the like. :)