Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

So here I am trying to patch together another working and fun modded version of Oblivion (Skyrim has annoyed me with its claustrophobic feel, I want to walk and explore, not spend an hour trying to walk around a mountain to get where I want to go while being tempted all the while to console TCL off and just bloody get there). And Im thinking where did all those cool files go, and where did I find that mod and on and on when I see your new post. So I read through it and realize how amazing it is, that you and so many other people are spending just as much time trying to make sure I can find, get, and use the very files Im looking for to make an old game interesting and more enjoyable as I am trying to create just the right feel for my new experience.

I can appreciate the money aspect. I think most of us can. I can really appreciate wanting to keep control of how you manage your sites and your focus and your annoyance with corporate greed. Most of us who mod have the very same issues. We have desires for our games to look a certain way or play a certain way, or have certain content that just get ignored by most game designers who focus on most common denominators to determine what does and does not make it into their game. Blowing NPCs heads off = Mature rating, leave it out. Too muck bare skin = Mature rating, leave it out, M+M relationships = possible moral outrage among certain potential customers, forget it, etc etc etc.... The best gaming companies out there realized the answer to this problem layed in the very customers they were hoping to sell too and started creating and shipping tools which allowed you to make their game yours, with a little effort ; ) And that's when you, and the mod makers, and all the modders got together and created this!

That answer is still the right answer, for the Corporate suits, for me, and for you! Make that membership button obvious and heck id put it on everypage that gets pulled up and displayed when a non member is looking through the files. We have a Donate button for people who make mods, why not one for the site itself apart from membership. I am certainly far from wealthy, and yet just off the top of my head I can think of three separate mods I enjoyed so much that I was happy to donate pizza & beer money to the makers. I think the Nexus team deserves atleast as much for making it possible for the mod makers and their fans to have a place to get together and enjoy each others work.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the Nexus Sites almost exclusively. I cannot say enough good things. I would, however, take odds with the policy of a 'one time payment' to access all the sites as a premium member. I would make the access by Premium members a yearly fee and then, perhaps, on a 'per nexus site' basis.

I say this because paying a fee per year for premium access to Skyrim alone is worth it to me. I would not think it unreasonable given the level of service you have so far provided.

Hi Dark0ne,

I think the ahnkra idea is good, to create a provisional donations system for Nexus in the mods, that the modder can activate in their mods, I have no interest in making money for a mod, but if I have the Nexus donation button I`ll activate it, perhaps other modders think like me.

Edited by roberto400

Long time nexus dude here, well I think its been a long time, I found this site by accident while looking for mods for Oblivion and thought, WOW, everything I want, all on one site! and then FO3 came along and BAM there it was like a shining beacon of Divine light... The Nexus has it all. Well that sealed the deal and started my yearly sub. But my mind is crap these days and i forget to renew by subs so I have missed a few years..lol. but Thanks for reminding me Nexus team, Ill set myself up for another sub here soon.

Btw.. Thanks for the all in one location mod sites for my favorite games! Oh and I am in agreement with some of the people here... Dont clutter your awesome looking site with trashy adds, I freaking hate that crap on other sites... but if it is one of those things that can not be avoided then im sure the community would understand....

I have used the nexus since I started modding Oblivion.This has been the best site for mods and gaming in general in my opinion.I don't rank on the problems because I understood it was few people and dollars going into this.Gamers spending their time setting up a site for gamers to enjoy.While I don't agree with a couple of things I heard ,since I didn't encounter or deal with it it's of no consequence to me.I like this site too much for petty issues from others to interfere with it.The only issue I have had lately is large file downloads such as Immersive Weapons stopping mid DL.I'm not certain what the issue is but I don't encounter the problem with any other downloads I do.Could be the nexus in which case I always use the Seattle server so that may be a place to look.Thank You for this site, Thank You for not being corporate douches.