Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care about ur interdepartmaental fights, i care about DAO to me its a lifeline, i am disabled, i cannot always get on my putor. Do I care/ YES I do, this world is a savior a way to escape the bounds of life, a savior an escape, a refuge. I dont care about fiscal, DOA still holds millions of fans, will u abandon them?? I do not mean mental (tho I expect it counts) but physical. Please do not abandon all those that need you....

You and your team dona phenomenal job. Nexus is the only place i go to for Oblivion/Skyrim mods. Nexus is a site you can trust. I also have the deepest respect for your private ownership model. That alone to me is worth the occasional minor inconveniences. Thanks and praise to you and your staff. Keep up the good work!

As a member since I started modding Oblivion (sometimes I pay, sometimes I cant....being poor sucks) I must say that the Nexus, not just SkyrimNexus or OblivionNexus, is a MANDATORY site to visit if your a hardcore gamer/modder as myself. I will gladly donate money to this cause and to all causes (Unless they become corporate fueled) that the Nexus site is going through. I played through Oblivion (All 300+ hrs) before I ever modded it. I was from the old school of thinking that mods were cheats. Nope.....Ive come to learn that Mods are actually HUGE blessings. Going back to that whole Im poor thing, I dont get to buy a lot of new stuff, so adding Mods to an existing game, just gives it more life. I have an 8 yr old Daughter, Aeralyn, and she LOVES Oblivion. She seen me playing it with Lightsabers, ridable Beasts, Fancy houses, Bank accounts, shops, etc and wanted to play it. My rule to her was play it through 1st and then Ill teach you modding......now....I cant keep her off of the Oblivion Nexus site. I thank you Dark0ne, from the bottom of my gaming heart, thank you for your professionalism, character, and drive to help us gamers out! We love ya for it! LONG LIVE THE NEXUS!!!!!

I reinstalled Morrowind last weekend and of course went about scrounging up mods for it. A lot of them are hosted elsewhere and after dealing with slow sites and 404 errors I really missed the Nexus. Between that, the time I have and will spend here modding the crap out of my Bethesda games, and this blog post I knew what I had to do. Lifetime premium!

This site has done phenomenal things, and I definitely hope y'all keep it up.

I'm sure you guys have probably already thought about it, but as it seems you'll be looking for new servers to replace the old ones, might I suggest: once you get done doing the file transferring, perhaps selling the old servers (especially considering if you've invested in their upgrades and thus made them worth more), I'm sure it would help fund the purchase of the new servers. Kind of like a server auction! Considering the interest many have in this site and its well-being, I think this would be a huge win-win for all parties involved in such an auction.

Other than that, y'all keep doing what you're doing! And for the record, I've literally never experienced any hiccup or problem with the site; and even if I did, I'm more than patient enough to wait for y'all to fix it, given the 100% service I've had thus far.

P.S. I respect you as a business owner more than I respect 99% of the businesses out there today, and appreciate your efforts for maintaining your current (lack-thereof) business model!

Let's all give Dark0ne a huge pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek for not being a corprate wh*%#. That has got to be the best quality any person can have hands down.

On a side note, yes I had to throw in the refrance to Nocternal. We are all gamers here.

thank you for ALL that you and the staff (yes they need their back pats too) do for us and yes as someone previously said this sites existence has not only promoted my beginnings into modding but has brought about my purchase of skyrim (you hear me there bethesda not your site but the nexus sites in spite of my absolute hatred of steam or any online every run requirement for an offline game ) but also my backup copy of oblivion (non goty dvd to boot check) and fallout 3 which is leading me towards the dlc's and fo:nv

and how did all this start a hacked copy of neverwinter nights around 1997 was so interesting i had to buy the game so i could get more dlc's/addons/mods and make a few of my own which i still have both original bought disc copies of (nwn) [yes i use a backup to run with as i hate to lose originals to scratches remember kiddies you cant be pants'ed if you have suspenders and a belt its just sometimes you cant afford suspenders a belt or whole pants but faith springs eternal in some especially when you have religious pants!!! -wink- )

Edited by Psimancer

Did you guys use or ever thought of using the many Cloud solutions out there; or am I missing the point entirely?

Would not those Cloud servers deal with network issues, easing the burden on your team and the Nexus servers?

Thank you for not turning the Nexus into a cash cow, as you put it. I very much appreciate all the work that goes into a site like this, and I agree 100% with what you said about the focus of the site shifting if you had investors. I wouldn't blame you if you did; everyone has the right to make a profit off of a service they provide, but it's wonderful to see that others also realize the destructive effect that business can have on a project whose initial purpose wasn't making money.

Again, thank you and keep up the excellent work!